About the job
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
As Affirm continues to scale, we are looking for an experienced Payments Product leader to shape and drive product solutions for Affirm’s core Financial Platform within the Financial Services Platform (FSP) product organization. The Financial Services Platform (FSP) enables experiences and capabilities that power Affirm’s BNPL strategy and experiences. Every customer experience from the consumer to the merchant and investor is powered by FSP, directly impacting many KPIs that drive the Affirm business towards financial success and profitability. We act as owners, create value, with laser focus on the customer and business. We know how our platforms will be used, who all our customers are and what problems it will solve. We build for all of Affirm’s customers, use cases and geographies. We have bias towards action and balance flexibility by delivering scalable services that drive financial outcomes.
The VP, Payments Platform will have previously developed scalable platform product strategies to enable product velocity and flexibility, to support multiple geographies and use-cases. The Paymentsleader will understand the nuances of investing in long term architecture and make trade-off decisions between near-term needs and long-term goals.
The Payments Platform product is the heart of Affirm, managing the flow of funds for all of Affirm’s products. This product area is responsible for all things related to funds and payments, powering the checkout experience from issuing virtual cards, origination, partner payouts, payment processing through capital funding channels.
A focus on external and internal customer needs is critical to success. You will work closely with business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, improve utility of features common to multiple partners, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success. Additionally, you have a demonstrated ability to establish relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as possess superior collaboration and communication abilities.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, influence, and own Payments product strategy and execution for merchants, consumer and financial institutions, throughout the customer lifecycle (checkout, repayments, etc)
- Establish and reinforce an analytic technology culture both within the product team and across the company in partnership with Engineering, Analytics, and the broader business
- Deeply understand the jobs to be done by the platform, define and build capabilities to support those jobs and deliver a best in class experience, measuring success with a quantitative approach
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to build a platform that provides leverage to our growing suite of products
- Partner closely with product stakeholders to provide cohesive user and economic capabilities across our suite of products
- Build, lead, grow, and retain a diverse, inclusive team of talented technology product managers
- Manage relationships with our partners, financial institution and lenders
- Effectively communicate product choices & direction to multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
What We Look For
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing and leading global FinTech or payments organization
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Finance (MBA or Masters Degree strongly preferred)
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to collaborate
- Experience building and iterating on products or feature areas from 0-to-1
- Strong drive and curiosity to come up with new ideas, identify opportunities and create vision to drive the business forward
USA base pay range: $304,300 – $425,000
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
Some Key Highlights Of Our Benefits Package Include
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first.
- Health care coverage – Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets – generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off – competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP – An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.