About the job
Director of Operations
Location: Denver, CO
Salary: Up to $175,000
Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures. Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations. Ensures work environments are adequate and safe. Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Oversees manufacturing, purchasing, and sales departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the construction industry required.