About the job
Discovery Education is looking for a VP, Growth Marketing to join our marketing team. As an experienced growth marketing leader, you will create an integrated, omnichannel marketing approach to drive the acquisition and retention of customers through all paid and owned Marketing channels. Growth Marketing resides at the intersection of marketing, sales, product, and analytics, with a strong emphasis on experimentation and impact. You will bring a highly specialized marketing skill set that is a unique blend of technical, operational, and creative to a highly collaborative, results-oriented, and fast-paced team. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, you will be a pivotal leader of the executive Marketing team and have a significant impact on a high-growth company.
You will be responsible for evolving and setting the marketing growth strategy and leading a team of growth marketers, including digital marketing, performance marketing, SEO, account-based marketing, marketing campaigns and field marketing, marketing automation and integrated marketing systems, and events and experiences. You will be required to lead processes and the team through change as we up-level our capabilities. You will partner closely with key leaders across the company to drive alignment and ensure that our strategies and tactics are best-in-class, performant, and optimized. The leader should be able to mentor and motivate a marketing team to solve complex problems and bring to life innovative growth initiatives through quick experimentation and new methodologies.
This role can sit in our Charlotte HQs or remote.
What You Will Do
- Design and lead implementation of growth strategy by using paid and organic media channels to grow new user acquisition.
- Drive cross-functional execution across various teams.
- Lead rapid experimentation of new channels, campaigns, creative, incentives, and approaches.
- Optimize the journey to ensure we are delivering the right lead to the right conversion channel.
- Uncover new channels and opportunities to scale our sales channel.
- Experiment to determine the correct model and channels for customer acquisition.
- Own marketing attribution decisions, working closely with Research and Analytics teams to strengthen our tracking and measurement.
- Partner deeply with the creative team to develop creative and performant campaigns.
- Develop and manage the annual plan and budget and, adjust plans monthly based upon realized return on investment.
- Recruit and lead a team of skilled growth marketers to drive growth strategy, campaign ideation, execution, and analysis, continually raising the bar on technical and analytical skills.
- Report key learnings and performance to the executive team on a recurring basis.
- 15+ years of corporate marketing in high growth, scaled B2B and B2C companies.
- Proven people leader having built strong and diverse teams with high employee engagement.
- Proven track record of shaping and executing successful corporate marketing strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of growth marketing and the channels under it including but not limited to digital marketing, performance marketing, SEO, account-based marketing, marketing campaigns and field marketing, marketing automation and integrated marketing systems, and events and experiences.
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and media platforms.
- Strong analytics background and ability to synthesize, analyze and interpret data and transfer into actionable strategy.
- Strong leadership presence; serves as a senior leader within a company, influential with a cross-functional group of stakeholders and can create buy-in stakeholders.
- Strong EQ and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth mindset and continual learning.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid holidays include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
- Generous parental leave.
- Annual education and professional development dollars.
- Major medical, vision, and dental (multiple choices).
- Summer hours and company recharge days.
- Company-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Pet insurance.
- Company paid volunteer hours.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.