The Vice President of Finance/CFO is responsible for leading and managing the practice operations finance function. The CFO will be a strategic advisor and business partner to the SVP, Operations, as well as the broader practice leadership team and Clinical Governance Board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Serve as a strategic partner to the SVP, Operations as a collaborative member of the practice leadership team. Actively participate in the development and implementation of the strategic plan to advance the practice’s growth and profitability. Provide guidance and assistance to operations in identifying key drivers to their financial and operating success.
- Administer Partner Compensation plan and collaborate with the Finance Committee and CGB to model and analyze modifications as necessary.
- Collaborate with the SVP and CGB to inform the partner physicians of finance activities and strategic direction.
- Support the SVP in the development and execution in achieving EBITDA growth objectives.
- Be a trusted partner to USAP physicians.
- Play a key role in the company’s internal operations. Be “Hands-on” and detail oriented while balancing the “Big picture” and communicate effectively.
- Drive excellence in financial systems and controls.
- Effectively communicate to ensure transparent reporting and planning.
- Ensure accurate reporting of financial statements and make certain that the appropriate analysis of financial metrics occurs and is being properly considered in the running of the business.
- Inspire, lead, mentor, measure, and appraise the Practice Finance team to ensure stellar capabilities at all levels. Help drive a culture of financial accuracy and accountability. Help attract, develop, and retain a world class finance organization.
- Be a strong team player, trustworthy, and reliable. Able to collaborate effectively and partner closely with senior leaders across the organization to achieve company goals.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned/requested.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative.
- The highest ethical and professional standards.
- A strategic visionary, sound technical skills and strong operational focus.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills.
- “Politically savvy” and a team player.
- An excellent educator and mentor and willing to share information.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Thoroughly versed in all facets of corporate finance and financial accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to work cooperatively with physicians, and all levels of the MSO organization.
- Well organized, capable juggling multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Superior personal computer skills including mastery of Microsoft Office products and data base programs.
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail yet possesses a “big picture” perspective.
- Excellent communication skills including written, board presentation, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. MBA and CPA certification highly preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years overall experience and five (5) years financial management experience in a healthcare company, preferably group practice management
- Established track record of success in Finance positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to lead transformational change.
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.