About the job
- This role may be remote or be based in one of our office locations listed.*
The VP, Business Development Officer’s duties shall include, but not be limited to SBA sourcing opportunities, negotiating and issuing term sheets and assisting in the preparation of internal memoranda for deal approval. It will also be necessary to work with Underwriting to provide a clear understanding of the transaction structure as well as borrower expectations and business needs. The work location for this position is Philadelphia or New York.Responsibilities
- Establishing new relationships and also fostering existing relationships
- Sourcing new transactions
- Assisting in the initial pre-screening and structuring
- Communicating with contacts on a regular basis regarding deal status
- Working closely with Underwriting and Closing on establishing the proper structure and lending parameters of submitted transactions
- 5 – 7 years SBA Business Development work experience with a finance company/bank
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent years of work experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical and documentation skills
- Relationship-building capabilities
- Experienced and knowledgeable in originating SBA 7a and SBA 504 loan products
- Commercial real estate focused and has an established referral network of commercial real estate brokers, commercial real estate developers, accountants, and commercial banking relationships
- Possesses a level of credit skills to determine an appropriate loan structure and is able to assess credit risk of a potential customer
- Ability to learn and embrace technology that is utilized in the organization process
- Role requires sitting or standing in front of a computer monitor for prolonged periods of time in a fixed neck position.
- Constant use of a computer or other office equipment resulting in repeating motions of the hands and wrists.
- Light work that may include moving objects up to 20 pounds.
What You Can Expect From PWBRewardsNational Base Pay Range (annual): $75,000.00 to $140,000.00Final salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with geographic/market data.PWB is pleased to offer additional benefits to support our employee’s physical, emotional and financial health. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life and disability insurance, parental leave, mental health support, wellness incentives, legal assistance, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, company holidays, incentive programs, as well as other fringe benefits.At PWB, we are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We build teams and grow talent that reflect the diversity of the clients and communities we serve. Diversity of background, experience and perspective adds value and depth to our teams and creates better business results.PWB is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We take pride in building a workplace culture where all employees feel supported and respected, and have equal access to career and development opportunities without regard to race, religion/creed, color, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.If you would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.