Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people’s lives. And our consumer clients make lives…a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our VP, Analytics Leader, you will…
Serve as a leader accountable for designing and delivering advanced analytics and modeling solutions for our clients’ business needs. You will begin your role as an individual contributor for the Health vertical and over time oversee the development of an Advanced Analytics and Modeling team and the delivery of advanced analytics and modeling services across the client base. You will be working in tandem with Analytics & Data Science team members as well as other cross-functional service offering leaders (CRM, Media, etc). This will include expanding existing analytics and modeling offerings, operationalizing new offerings (e.g. Audience Segmentation, Look-alike Modeling, Marketing Mix Modeling, and other offerings that may require Machine Learning modeling techniques such as Decision Trees, Random Forest Classifiers, etc.), developing supporting sales content, marketing solutions externally, and supporting the delivery of measurement or data strategy to clients – in conjunction with both internal teams and external partners. In doing so, you’ll ensure the company is constantly innovating on our offering and acting strategically for long-term business viability in accordance with a services roadmap overseen by the SVP, Analytics Group Leader.
Be Accountable and Responsible
- Client Delivery:
- Deliver best-in-class consulting projects and client experiences related to advanced analytics and modeling solutions at some of the biggest and most awesome brands in the world
- Develop and deliver high-quality recommendations, roadmaps, and business cases utilizing creative problem-solving, strong critical thinking skills, and analytical excellence.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the advanced analytics space to understand the client’s business challenges and develop best-in-class solutions to address the client’s needs.
- Acting as an SME you will partner closely with Account Management teams to shape an agenda for our support, collaboratively develop proposals, and integrate new projects into their ongoing strategy
- Data & Measurement Technology Strategy
- Support Measurement & Data related Partnerships, working with assigned lead(s) within the Business Development organization on joint service offerings or co-marketing activities that produce agency revenue
- Advocate and champion the adoption of MERGE proprietary toolset to external clients based on measurement needs.
- Articulate the long-term vision and goals for MERGE proprietary products which influences the product roadmaps, supported by data and internal and external analysis while identifying any new business requirements for the technology team to prioritize.
- Discuss, schedule with approval, and attend as requested, new vendor discussions to identify key developments, gaps in strategies leveraged, or new partners in the digital space
- Practice Area Productization:
- Develop advanced analytics and modeling solutions in the form of standardized service offerings and product solutions (including repeatable activities and standardized deliverables) based on client needs, team capabilities, and financial opportunity
- Scope and price solutions to support financial growth and effective delivery.
- Work with internal operational groups to outline processes, platform certifications, and any available partner training and/or outsourcing options for effective solution delivery.
- Train and develop team members to be able to lead analytics and modeling engagements and deliver high-impact output for our clients across.
- Business Development & Marketing:
- Lead the creation of sales materials, template deliverables, and case studies to support Advanced Analytics and modeling solutions growth.
- Support the Marketing team in planning for and contributing to content including but not limited to joint collateral, solutions overviews, website content, webinars, events, and/or award submissions.
- Work with the Business Development & Client Services teams as needed to assist in the identification of sales opportunities for solutions, including partnered services or strategies via ongoing account mapping.
- Work with partner’s team to provide relevant information and content in support of related sales opportunities.
- As needed on selected strategic sales opportunities, be a member of the pitch team to present solutions and/or partner-related content, within specialized Measurement Strategy expertise.
- MERGE Thought Leadership:
- Develop subject matter expertise in omnichannel measurement & activation (site & media), MERGE’s products & analytical capabilities/SME, relevant emerging technology, and other related business areas; act as an internal expert in key components of the client business model
- Stay informed on a changing landscape of digital channels, technology, and platforms globally
These are the qualifications we’re looking
- 10+ years experience in digital marketing with a focus on measuring and optimizing the cross-channel audience experience
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of partnering with client and internal teams to establish a deep knowledge of their business needs and independently develop custom advanced analytics and modeling solutions
- Experience and expertise in multiple methods related to data science modeling & methodologies (Logistic Regression, Random Forest, Gradient Boosted Decision Trees, Markov Chain Analysis, Logistic Regression, Marketing Mix Modeling, etc.)
- Experience and expertise in toolsets used for data science and modeling (Python, R)
- Extensive experience in marketing measurement, KPI frameworks, data collection, data analysis, data modeling, and/or management consulting work in a data-driven environment
- Experience with attribution and journey-based analytics incl. cross-channel journey analysis, marketing attribution modeling, multi-touch marketing attribution, incrementally testing, and other measurement methodologies
- Excellent process and project management skills to deliver a variety of concurrent and fast-moving projects from initiation to execution
- Proficient in applying shared learnings and emerging industry trends across client engagements
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels including Email, Display, Paid Search, Affiliate, and Social Media Marketing
- Able to drive multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with limited guidance
- Exhibit team leadership in facilitating knowledge-sharing and training programs
- Able to explain complex ideas to audiences both sophisticated and novices to advanced analytics
- Able to garner internal buy-in on strategic initiatives from Operations and Executive teams
- Ability to think outside the box to drive and inspire creativity in the development and execution of digital programs
- Self-starter with a solution-oriented mindset and willingness to do the work needed to deliver the solution
- Exposure to retail, financial, or health industries
- Familiarity with the expanding role of Data Cloud Platforms in the data landscape
Compensation: $200,000 – $235,000
Salary differential is based on seniority, merit, education, training, and experience. MERGE’s career ladders reflect department growth from Associate through Partner levels, with details of roles and responsibilities associated with each level. New hires are assigned a job level within a particular position based on these criteria and salary is set within the job level based on these criteria. Growth from one level to the next occurs when employees master their role and are promoted to the next level, generally during salary review cycles which are posted in the employee handbook.
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Ability. Mastering our craft
- Agility. Delivering with a growth mindset
- Humility. Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!