About the job
Rural 1st is the leader in rural lending. We understand our customers’ dream of country living because we live it ourselves every day. As part of Farm Credit Mid-America, a financial services cooperative serving financial needs of farmers and rural residents for over a century, our custom financing meets the specific needs of rural property purchases or construction projects. Our skilled team members and streamlined systems make the loan process simple and stress-free.LOCATION: Colorado Remote, Colorado RemoteSCHEDULE: Full TimeTRAVEL REQUIRED: 25% – 50% within designated territory of parts of Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, California and Hawaii. Overnight stays required.Residence in one of the aforementioned areas, preferred.About Our OpportunityThe Vice President (VP) Rural 1st Sales provides strategic leadership and direction to Rural 1st Loan Officers (RLO) and Regional Vice Presidents (RVP) Rural 1st Sales to achieve territory objectives while maintaining the appropriate financial and risk profile balance.How You Will Spend Your TimeAs the Vice President Rural 1st Sales, you will recruit, hire and lead RLOs and RVPs selling consumer home mortgage products and services in our western US markets. This is an exciting opportunity to build a team of financial professionals as Rural 1st continues to expand its reach and achieve our goal of being a coast-to-coast leader in rural lending.Minimum Education & ExperienceBachelor’s Degree in business, finance, agriculture or related field. Minimum eleven years of progressively responsible financial services or business development experience, five of which have been in a leadership role responsible for sales teams.CompensationMinimum – $166,850 Maximum – $245,512 base salary with additional annual variable compensation based on team sales production.Rural 1st/Farm Credit Mid-America may compensate outside of the salary range for bona fide reasons not related to membership in a protected class.Mental & Physical RequirementsThis job requires the incumbent to have the ability to:
- Successfully represent the association and interact via telephone and face-to-face conversation with team members, leaders, board members, customers, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak, provide sound technical advice and make presentations to individuals or groups on subjects related to areas of responsibility.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association’s policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.We provide a competitive total rewards package to our team members. This includes an award winning 401(k) Plan. Our Health and Financial wellness benefits provide safety, security and peace of mind for you and your family. Here is only a highlight of what we provide our team members:
- Medical Insurance – Two consumer-driven health plans available paired with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Dental – Our dental plan offers option of basic or comprehensive coverage.
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Two Savings Plans to plan for eligible healthcare expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Mental Health providers for you and your family.
- Income Protection – Short and Long-term Disability Insurance coverage.
- Retirement Savings – Team members have 401(k) savings options with an employer match.
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, sick, and holidays.
Farm Credit Mid-America/Rural 1st is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.