About the job
VP/Senior Leader of Implementation
Heads up, folks! We’re looking for a full-time Senior Implementation Leader at our ground-breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform, purpose-built to enable Commercial Specialty Contractors to run their business operations on the latest cloud-based technology. We’re on a mission to make our customers shine by bringing cutting-edge technology to the unsung heroes of the blue-collar trades. We’re talking about the folks who keep our schools, hospitals, and communities running like well-oiled machines. In supporting the entirety of our customers’ workflows from service jobs to construction projects and everything in between, we’re leading the modernization of a $300B+ industry.
BuildOps has been tripling year-over-year while raising over $100 million in total funding (including a $50 million recent round in March 2023). Top-tier investors like Founders Fund, Siemens, B Capital Group (BCG’s venture arm), 01 Advisors, and more have backed BuildOps! Also, Dick Costolo, former CEO of Twitter, just joined our board, adding to an impressive group of investors/advisors including former President of Salesforce, Gavin Patterson; CAA founder Michael Ovitz; NFL legend Joe Montana; and Boost Mobile CEO Stephen Stokols.
We are always looking to add top talent to our team, and we love mission-driven self-starters who are passionate about tech start-ups and can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. As a senior leader, you will be on the executive team and reporting directly to the CEO, overseeing a team of 15+ Implementation Managers across the U.S. and Canada. Your primary focus will be to inspire your team of Implementation Managers to successfully activate customers of all segments onto the BuildOps platform. Your team will own the end-to-end implementation lifecycle – inheriting the account from the Sales team, taking the customer live, and then facilitating a smooth handoff to the Customer Success team.
In this role, you’ll need to develop deep expertise of the BuildOps product so that you’re able to architect solutions to complex implementation problems and provide adequate technical support for your team. You will need to understand our customers’ multi-dimensional workflows, how our product supports these workflows, how our data integrates with third-party accounting solutions, and ultimately what business value we drive to our customers. You will also be expected to meet Live ARR goals by managing activation numbers, delivering regular performance reports, managing capacity and scheduling, leading process-related initiatives, working with our Customer Support team to troubleshoot issues, and building trusted relationships with our customers. If this sounds like you, please apply to join our team!
What we look for:
· BA/BS degree in business administration, education, computer science, engineering, project management, or related field from a top-ranked university.
· MBA degree from a top-ranked business school preferred.
· CPA-level or equivalent knowledge of accounting software systems preferred.
· Prior experience in the Speciality Contractor or Construction industry is a plus.
· Previous leadership experience with any U.S. armed forces is a plus.
· At least 7 years of experience implementing B2B SaaS solutions to mid-market and enterprise customers.
· At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role at a SaaS company/Startup.
· Embraces a “player-coach” mindset – you will be managing a team, but you also need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds.
· Willing to spend significant time in Santa Monica with our leadership team
What you’ll do:
· Manage a team of Implementation Managers to ensure all implementations are completed on time and to the satisfaction of customers.
· Become a deep product expert so that you can support your team and help architect solutions to more complex implementation challenges.
· Work closely with Sales and Customer Success to manage customer expectations and facilitate seamless handoffs at both ends of the implementation lifecycle.
· Demonstrate mature judgment in negotiating and resolving conflicts with customers.
· Give detailed product demonstrations to both internal and external stakeholders.
· Conduct discovery sessions with customers and articulate any relevant product requirements to the Product team.
· Create and maintain documentation of team processes and procedures.
· Mentor and develop your direct reports to achieve their professional goals at BuildOps.
· Be willing to travel (heavy travel first 6-9 months) anywhere in the U.S. or Canada to meet with customers in-person.
What we offer:
· Opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up on a rocket ship trajectory with a world-class
· Competitive salary, bonus, and highly valuable stock option grant.
· Comprehensive benefits package and flexible PTO.
· Fun events, both in-person and virtual, including a highly acclaimed monthly speaker series.
· Chance to completely transform a $300B+ industry and make a major impact in the lives of customers who keep society running.
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth start-up committed to transforming a $300B+ industry through an innovative all-in-one SaaS platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we’re taking Commercial Specialty Contractors from the world of pen and paper to cloud-based, data-driven operations. Our leadership team has deep experience in both the Construction and SaaS technology industries, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful start-up exits.