About the job
Who we are
Climb Hire’s mission is to create economic opportunity and mobility.
We train and prepare diverse and determined working adults earning below the livable wage for entry-level jobs in corporate America via four distinct learning tracks: Salesforce Administrator, Customer Experience, Google Project Management, and Financial Services with Fidelity. Most Climbers are between the ages of 22 and 40 and the majority do not hold four-year degrees. We’re not just a class, we’re a community. Relationship-building is at the core of our model, since we know that 9 out of 10 job seekers land roles through warm connections versus applying cold. Our community is built on “paying it forward”: we forge a network of peers and alumni who empower each other in every way, through job referrals and emotional and intellectual support.
80% of our first and second cohorts secured jobs that increased their income 2-3x. Climbers gain, on average, $40k in their new roles.
Climb Hire is a national organization and we work remotely. We are expanding rapidly across the country and are poised to grow by 3-10x in the next two years.
Who we’re looking for
Climb Hire is at an exciting moment of significant growth and is seeking to hire a Vice President of Program who is an excellent leader of people, programs, and projects; who is a strategic and innovative builder and problem-solver, and who is passionate and knowledgeable about issues related to economic mobility and working with non-traditional talent. As Vice President of Program, you will lead our program team in accomplishing our ambitious programmatic goals. In this role, you will ensure that as we reach a growing number of Climbers, we maintain our focus on program quality and continue to innovate programmatically to adapt to evolving economic climates and learner needs.
The Vice President of Program will oversee the entire programmatic work, including curriculum development, cohort execution and operations, alum engagement, and career development. The Vice President of Program will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will report to the President. They will lead a 9-person team comprised of 3 track leads, a Fellowship Coordinator, an Alumni Coordinator, a Manager of Social Capital, a Director of Career Development, and 2 Operations Coordinators.
This role is a bridge between strategy and execution and will take a hands-on approach to lead various programmatic initiatives. The ideal candidate has a track record of effectively leading a performance-based and outcome-based program and staff. An obsessive attention to detail and excellence, outstanding internal communications, and proven experience as a project manager, people manager, and problem solver is required for the role.
This is a fully remote role open to candidates located anywhere in the United States.
- Creates strategy, metrics, and work plans for all critical program areas (cohort, fellowship, alumni, and career development)
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and delivery of key performance metrics–Climber retention, Climber certification, and Climbers acquiring jobs.
- Continuously improve structures and systems to ensure consistent, high-quality program delivery.
- Support track leads to ensure high-quality program design and implementation that promotes an impactful and cohesive experience as the program grows.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to track and report on program outcomes, identify areas of success and areas that need improvement, and pivot adeptly to respond to those areas that need improvement.
People Leadership & Management
- Build a connected, inclusive, rigorous, and thriving community amongst the program team.
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the program team, encouraging the team to develop new ideas and approaches to program design and delivery.
- Promote ongoing learning and development across the program team by identifying team areas for growth and developing appropriate learning and development strategies.
Organizational Leadership & Strategy
- Effectively serve as an internal and external organizational leader, fostering effective collaboration and representing Climb Hire and our organizational values.
- In collaboration with the other members of the Senior Leadership Team, set organizational strategy that effectively builds towards short and long-term goals.
- Hold relationships and establish trust and credibility with internal partners to ensure a shared vision and rigorous implementation of resources, and smooth planning and execution of shared projects.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience, with at least five years in non-profit or program leadership and five years of team management
- Highly effective and skillful manager of people and projects who is able to lead a team in developing and implementing strategy with a focus on results and continuous improvement
- Highly organized, meticulous, and practice excellent follow-through
- Advanced written, oral, and presentation skills to present complex information and influence outcomes effectively
- Orientation towards consistently operating as a thought partner for solving problems and have demonstrated skill in investing and empowering others to manage and navigate challenges
- Strong sense of self-awareness and understanding of strengths and areas for development
- Skilled at applying reasoning and strategic thinking to effectively define opportunities/problems, synthesize programming ideas, and communicate strategic recommendations or solutions
- Demonstrated ability to
- design and execute learning experiences grounded in best practices of adult learning
- supervise, coach, mentor, advise, and influence people at all levels with respect, tact, and diplomacy
- deal with and resolve ambiguity and conflict
- manage execution toward high-quality results through layers, operating with high support and high accountability
- manage multiple priorities, prioritize effectively, and alternate fluidly between thinking about the big picture and executing on specific strategies
- prioritize and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with a great degree of attention to detail
- use qualitative and quantitative data to inform decision-making and practices
- Passionate about and able to articulate Climb Hire’s mission and vision clearly
- Proven track record of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities
- Authorized to work in the United States