About the job
Seneca Federal Health, LLC (SFH), a Seneca Nation Group company, provides solutions to federal health agencies that enable better health outcomes to those our federal customers serve. SNG is the federal government contracting business wholly owned by the Seneca Nation of Indians. SNG meets mission-critical needs of federal civilian, defense, and intelligence community customers across a variety of domains. The SNG portfolio receives shared services support from its parent company Seneca Holdings and is comprised of multiple companies that participate in the Small Business Administration 8(a) program. To learn more visit www.senecanationgroup.com and follow us on LinkedIn.The Seneca Nation Group companies offer competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family. We pride ourselves on our collaborative work environment and culture which embraces our mission of providing financial and non-financial benefits back to the members of the Seneca Nation.Seneca Federal Health is seeking a Vice President of Operations in Chantilly, VA. The Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
Vice President’s Focus:
- Contract execution excellence
- Customer relationship management
- Team member development
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division. Leveraging company output to improve ranking in the competitive field
- Monitoring the competitive landscape and attending industry events to stay abreast of new initiatives and ways to stay ahead
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget. Budgeting for multiple projects, including monitoring and controlling costs
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including three years in upper management required.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating successful relationships in the government healthcare market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven strategic planning and budgeting experience
- Demonstrated experience setting, monitoring and meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Experience building and scaling teams and systems
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:The Seneca Holdings family of companies is committed to building an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of our employees. We recognize that an inclusive corporate culture improves how we support our customers and also improves the collective impact we can make in our communities.Equal Opportunity Statement:Seneca Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company does give hiring preference to Seneca or Native individuals. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy:Seneca Holdings has implemented a COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy to comply with recently implemented U.S. government requirements. Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated or receive an accommodation under the policy by the deadline defined in the requirements. Consistent with available guidance, Seneca Holdings recognizes accommodations to the COVID vaccine requirements for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical reasons, including because the individual is pregnant or attempting to become pregnant. All accommodation requests must be submitted to the Seneca Holdings Human Resources department. Seneca Holdings will continue to monitor the guidance and update this policy as appropriate.