What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
The Vice President of Finance, Flagship will work as a strategic business partner to a portfolio of early stage (pre-Series A/Series A) companies. This person will act as a strategic advisor to company leaders while also managing day to day financial operations of each company including; month end closes, cash flow management, planning and budgeting, office administration and technology.
- Partner with each leadership team to create a long range plan, milestones and financial projections
- Create, maintain and track annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Manage cash flow vs financing needs and strategic scientific milestones
- Board of Directors financial presentations and corporate governance
- Oversee month end closes and reporting
- Work with other members of the Flagship incubator to bring efficient systems and process to all portfolio companies
- Drive specific projects and initiatives unique to a fast-growing biotechnology start-up, such as system implementations and updates and business process improvements
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- 10+ years of financial and accounting experience in the life sciences / biotechnology industry. Experience in a company that completed a successful IPO is a plus
- BS/BA in accounting or finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Strong business acumen; proven ability to effectively scrutinize and challenge assumptions and interpret the strategy and priorities of the organization in financial terms
- Excellent project management / consultative skills with demonstrated track record and ability to manage competing priorities and stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills to deliver succinctly and effectively deliver recommendations to senior leaders; frames complex concepts
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.