About the job
BI Incorporated (A GEO Company)
Job Description and Responsibilities
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at providing technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Oversees internal operations for the Boulder, CO office, including Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Material Control, Quality Assurance, documentation control, product service, wireless management and procurement contracts and facility management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and directs all activities involved in the manufacture and service of products produced and sold by the company.
- Manages the Purchasing Department, including procurement as well as supplier contract and supply chain management. Ensures accurate, timely and cost-effective procurement of raw materials, equipment, products and services necessary for production, product service and facility maintenance.
- Manages the Manufacturing Engineering Department, including manufacturing and test engineering to ensure development and implementation of efficient and effective manufacturing and test processes and documentation.
- Ensures safe and efficient operation to include staff and maintenance of production equipment.
- Oversees and directs all activities in support of the material control function. Ensures the maintenance of sufficient inventory levels and timely shipment of customer orders.
- Oversees and directs all activities related to the manufacturing quality function. Ensures that all products meet quality standards and specifications and that ISO certification processes are followed.
- Responsible for the management of wireless service providers for Company products, including operations/activations, functionality, billing and contracts.
- Makes final decisions on operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives.
- Works with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Independently troubleshoots, researches and resolves complex problems by analyzing product and network data.
- Provides high quality technical support oversight to internal staff to ensure optimal product performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Electronics or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Electronics or related field preferred.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in electro-mechanical manufacturing management, including experience with lean flow methodologies, project management and contract negotiations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience, both technical and non-technical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning/analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Change management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Strategic business vision.
- Ability to develop and evaluate processes.
- Goal oriented with reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Working knowledge of project management techniques.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ERP.
- Knowledge of lean flow/demand flow methodologies and processes.
- Ability to conduct contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- Knowledge of FAR regulations related to procurement, Small Business Administration and MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) management.
- Basic knowledge of cellular network/telecommunications.
- Valid state driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle if required for local travel preferred.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Working Conditions: Encountered on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
- Typical office environment.
- Some work conducted in light manufacturing environment with exposure to solder fumes.
- Use of standard office equipment such as copier, computer, keyboard, telephone and fax machine.
Your benefits will include:
- Sixteen (16) days paid time off
- Fifteen (15) paid holidays
- Six (6) days Long Term Illness
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Term and Whole life insurance (includes spouse and dependent
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Company paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program with a company match
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs