About the job
Our Snooze story
At Snooze, we do breakfast but different. From Benedicts to Bloodys, to whatever you’re feeling at the moment, we’re always looking to turn your experience upside down and on its side. With every meal we serve, we’re dedicated to bettering both the communities we live in and the planet we live on. With over $1M given back to our communities, 97% clean and responsibly sourced ingredients on our menu, and significant waste diversion practices, you can start your day knowing you’re responsible for making the world a bit brighter. We are not just committed to our communities and our planet, we are equally committed to our people, or Snoozers as we call them! From the first step you take in our restaurants, we are committed to creating a safe, warm, welcoming, and transformative employment experience that allows you to bring out your best each and every day! We are an eclectic group of people from all walks of life and ultimately, we know that the same goes for our people as it does for our pancakes: they are so much better with passion, purpose, and pride! Will you join us?
What does your role bring to the Table?
The Vice President of Information Technology will be responsible for the strategic direction and tactical delivery of the technology infrastructure of hardware, software, network, telecommunications, cloud infrastructure services, network security and compliance, and support for both the Mothership (home office) and restaurants. This position is also responsible for managing and mentoring the IT team, partnering with department heads across Snooze, and negotiating and managing vendor partnerships. All of which are critical to the on-going success of Snooze.
This individual will ensure the work of the IT department is aligned with the business objectives of Snooze and will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities that reflect those objectives. They will provide direction and support for daily departmental and operational activities and will work closely with the Snooze Leadership Team to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. They will define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices that continue to enhance and protect the business.
This role will require the ability to adapt to the fluid needs of a business experiencing significant growth, possess critical thinking skills, thought leadership and intellectual curiosity. In addition, this role also requires the willingness and ability to think at a strategic level while operating with an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Position specifics!
Taking on the role of Vice President of Information Technology isn’t just about bacon and pancakes. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the strategic direction of the technology portfolio across all infrastructure disciplines including developing a roadmap for growth
- Oversee restaurant-level support of all IT systems and determine the appropriate mix of in-house vs third-party support resources
- Collaborate with Leadership Team and Mothership (home office) support functions to determine technology needs and priorities necessary to achieve business objectives
- Drive solution selection, implementation and upgrades throughout the entire life cycle of a project
- Evaluate systems requests from various departments and various technical solution options and make recommendations for the best solution
- Develop and maintain work plans to implement initiatives and special projects on-time and within budget
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the Leadership Team, project stakeholders, and end-users regarding pertinent activities
- Direct the management of vendor relationships and services in the area of responsibility
- Participate in the selection, negotiation, and execution of contracts with vendors for areas of responsibility
- Implement processes and procedures to meet compliance requirements including all PCI requirements, Consumer Privacy requirements such as CCPA and GDPR, and remain ahead of new legislation in all jurisdictions
- Develop methods and procedures that align the operations and team’s activities with best practices and direct the day-to-day activities of the function
- Successfully hire, train, mentor, develop and lead the IT team
- Remain current on industry best practices and trends, recommending improvements and upgrades accordingly
- Manage the development, maintenance, and forecasting of expense and capital budget in area of responsibility
- Ensures that solutions meet all legal, compliance, internal controls, and accounting standards
- Participate in special projects or perform other duties as required
- Additional roles and responsibilities required to meet the company’s goals and priorities
Is this role the right fit for you?
- Innovative thinker, able to envision how technology can be implemented to solve challenges
- Excellent communication, presentation, verbal and written skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience in planning and managing complex projects
- Experience in implementing and managing regulatory compliance
- Practical experience in managing technology infrastructure and server administration
- Practical experience in networking and telecommunications
- Deep knowledge of PCI Compliance, Consumer Privacy laws, and cyber security
- Experience in successful implementations, re-implementations and upgrades of technology
- Knowledge of multi-unit or restaurant terminology and business practices
- Strong knowledge of restaurant POS platforms and kitchen operations systems is preferred
Let’s talk prerequisites! (Education, credentials, and experience)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 10+ years of experience in information technology within restaurants, retail, or other relevant industry with a multi-unit environment
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership and people management experience
- Experience with restaurant or retail POS systems
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology, required certifications, or other relevant experience
- Experience within a high-growth organization and fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Let’s get physical! (additional requirements)
- Must have the stamina to work 45-55 hours per week
- Travel required for this position is approximately 15% and must be able to travel for up to 5 days at one time
- Home base in Denver, CO at the Snooze Mothership (relocation available upon discussion)
The Nitty Gritty Details
Denver area base salary range: $180,000-$200,000 per year
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Snooze salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Snooze’s total compensation package for employees.