About the job
ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation, MAX Digital and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
We are seeking an exceptional and inspirational, yet approachable Head of Information Security to join ACV Auctions to lead the next exciting phase of our company’s growth. You will lead and be accountable for developing, delivering and managing ACV’s comprehensive Information Security, Compliance, and technology Business Continuity strategies and capabilities . The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history working with a highly technical, global, and rapidly growing organization and understands the importance of effectively scaling an Information Security organization. This includes all aspects of the organization’s information that is secure, assets are protected, and that the ACV is in compliance with appropriate government and regulatory requirements. In this role you will establish and direct the strategic long-term goals, policies, program management processes and procedures and establish a world class information security department. This while implementing associated strategies to assist the company with achieving its business and financial goals. It is critical for the VP Information Security to be able to build strong relationships as a strategic thought leader providing leadership and direction within the business.
- Build and develop ACV’s Global Information Security vision, strategy and roadmap and lead an agile organization focused on partnership and business needs to aid the company in its business.
- Lead strategic and operational planning by promoting innovation, initiative prioritization, evaluation, and deployment
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities, and risk for company wide security initiatives to maximize return on investment.
- Develop and deliver on a comprehensive global, scalable, resource-efficient strategy for ACV’s business information security portfolio.
- Monitors organizational and company trends including pricing and technology to develop competitive advantage
- Champions new ideas, capabilities, and offerings to drive business growth .
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the security infrastructure and business applications that support the company’s operations.
- Define and own a multi-year cybersecurity roadmap to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of relevant data
- Lead the design and implementation of a companywide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Develop, document, review, analyze and report on goals and metrics for all security operations and personnel, including KPIs.
- Oversee portfolio and processes for public company-level data governance, security, and compliance
- Prepare and monitor Information Security operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Experience with the formal principles of Project Management discipline
- Lead and coordinate all security and compliance activities and controls, including access management and authentication.
- Lead the Information Security team and its business partners in effective execution of the Information Security strategy and roadmap.
- Build and monitor a strategic, comprehensive, enterprise Information Security vision, strategy and program to ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, availability, safety, privacy a nd recovery of information assets owned, controlled and/or managed by the organization.
- Partner with multiple executive and senior level stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical strategy that aligns to business priorities and objectives.
- Build and ensure ACV’s security approach is fully compliant with SOC2, GDPR, ISO27001 and other quality benchmarks that may be relevant via security architecture and procedures and controls that ensure that information and data are secure and in compliance with the security and storage regulations of the business.
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement including thought leadership, creativity, and product delivery.
- Provide sufficient leadership and support for a mobile workforce with high demands for corporate data and connectivity.
- Develop, coach, and lead a highly qualified team of Security professionals with a “business first” mentality, with strong systems, business intelligence analysis and project management skills having an ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Interaction with the board of directors and other executives including reporting on the current state of organizations Information Security, explaining the benefits and risks of the initiatives.
- Directs the development of vendor sourcing; provides executive oversight for vendor partnership and management.
- Prior experience as a public-company VP, Information Security preferred.
- Information Security leadership experience in a global environment.
- Prior experience in development and oversight of Information Security policies, standards, procedures, and governance framework along with government and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in managing outsourcing partnerships and operations.
- Experience with public company ( SOC2, GDPR, ISO27001, SEC/SOX 404) controls, requirements and financially significant systems and data.
- Deep understanding of enterprise technology, processes, reporting and Information Security operations.
- Staying updated on Information Security trends and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional business instincts – you understand ACV’s customers, marketplace, and business – and use it to inform significant decisions.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional time and team management skills with the ability to delegate efficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in the software/technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
- Learning & Development Opportunities!
- We love to see our engineers grow and learn and have invested heavily in our internal Learning and Development program, which provides access to PluralSight, Frontend Masters, as well as in-person conferences.
- Annual Hackathons with some amazing prizes!
- Career development and future growth opportunities
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires reasonable accommodation, please let us know.
For information on our collection and use of your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice .