A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. When you choose a career with CoBank, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. In order to be the best, we hire the best!
Remarkable Benefits offered by CoBank
- Careers with a purpose- stand for something!
- Competitive Compensation & Incentive
- Hybrid work model – flexible arrangements for most positions
- Benefits Packages, including: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- CoBank University robust curriculum –associate training and development, including higher education tuition reimbursement
- Outstanding 401k – up to 6% matching and additional 3% non-elective contribution
- Time-Off Packages – Vacation 15+ days, 10 Paid Sick Days, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Community Impact – United Way Angel Day, Volunteer Day and Associate Directed Contribution
- Associate Resource Groups – creating a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Recognize a fellow associate with “GEM” awards, including a monetary value
At CoBank, the Vice President Financial Reporting leads the Bank’s financial reporting to shareholders, regulator, and other key external stakeholders. Ensures financial reporting adheres to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and relevant regulatory requirements. Directs all activities, staff, processes and systems of the financial reporting department to ensure the accurate, complete and timely delivery of all financial and regulatory reports. Works closely with various groups in the bank to obtain the data required for financial reporting. Supports preferred stock offerings, earnings press releases, and ratings agency and investor presentations.
- Manages the preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and reports to shareholders in accordance with GAAP.
- Manages the preparation and review of quarterly call reports and other regulatory reports to the bank’s independent regulator, the Farm Credit Administration (FCA).
- Manages the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the bank’s funding agent, the Farm Credit System Funding Corporation (Funding Corporation).
- Oversees internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) documentation, execution of internal controls, and certifications related to financial reporting processes.
- Manages the quarterly GAAP update process and documentation published to senior management.
- Leads and/or participates in projects to enhance, automate and digitize financial reporting systems and business processes. Ensures the development of streamlined processes with well-developed internal controls to minimize operational risks and maximize staff efficiency.
- Provides technical accounting and reporting expertise for complex transactions and new accounting pronouncements. Manages the financial reporting quarterly change management process, documentation and meetings.
- Prepares/reviews earnings press releases, ratings agency and investor presentations. Provides support for preferred stock offerings and environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting.
- Participates in the Bank’s Disclosure Committee, the ICFR Steering Committee and the Farm Credit System Accounting Standards Workgroup.
- Responsible for review of benefit plan financial statements covering the banks defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans.
- Supports the Bank’s independent external audit and interfaces with external and internal auditors on a regular basis.
- Manages staff. Sets performance standards, manages workflow, grants authorities, evaluates performance, and recommends personnel actions within delegated authorities. Consults with Human Resources, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant discipline.
- Twelve (12) or more years of relevant finance experience, preferably in financial services or a related industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years of management/supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Big Four public accounting firm and/or financial reporting industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in GAAP, financial institutions accounting and reporting practices, and SEC regulatory reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of financial institution regulatory reporting (e.g. call reports, regulatory capital ratios) preferred.
- Strong understanding of ICFR and its application to organization financial reporting.
- Experience with financial reporting system applications, including Hyperion HFM and Essbase.
- Excellent evaluation, analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage projects and deliver on commitments within tight timeframes and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and cross-functionally across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), and other business systems.
- Estimated Base Salary Range: $175,000-$220,000
- Target short-term incentive opportunity:25%
CoBank stands strong as an enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural America. As a national cooperative bank and a proud member of the Farm Credit System it is our mission to serve as a relevant and dependable provider of credit and other value-added financial services. From our headquarters in Denver, Colorado and our regional banking centers across the US, CoBank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.