About the job
We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions and the perspectives you bring.
Reporting to the COO, RES Americas Construction, the Senior Vice President (SVP) of T&D is the executive leader responsible for division profit & loss, overseeing all day-to-day activities as well as the long-term well-being of T&D Construction business unit including Transmission, Collection, Substation and BESS construction. The SVP of T&D Construction directs, manages and is responsible for negotiations, schedules and budgets for contracts for T&D projects in the U.S. The SVP of T&D Construction is ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of planning, engineering, implementing, and constructing T&D projects. The SVP of T&D Construction will oversee multiple projects at a time and is responsible for the overall administrative and technical direction of site operations as well as planning, coordinating and directing the entire engineering and construction effort to ensure each project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. In addition, the SVP of T&D Construction is responsible for key account management and the project acquisition pipeline.Requirements
- Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- Hiring outstanding talent.
- Aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives.
- Managing and supporting employee development and growth.
- Providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Develops, reviews and re-defines the business strategy for profitable growth of the business unit.
- Responsible for developing three-year business plan for the business unit including HSQE, revenue and profit targets.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Ensures the Company creates a safe work environment for our employees and contractors and promote the ownership of safety by all project participants.
- Ensures that environmental stewardship meets or exceeds contractual requirements and regional regulations.
- Ensures that company management systems including HSQE systems, stage gate process and project management processes are adhered to and implemented.
- Negotiates contracts with owners and subcontractors for renewable energy and transmission projects.
- Performs budget management, estimate reviews, budget preparation and monthly status reviews.
- Leads monthly project reviews for all business unit projects and reports the performance of key projects to Executive Leadership Team.
- Leads Project Management and Senior T&D Management meetings for internal project status.
- Identifies risks and opportunities to the monthly financial forecast and resolves all issues to mitigate risks and capture opportunities to improve business unit performance.
- Reviews proposals and RFP’s, reviews and approves proposals.
- In collaboration with Commercial and Legal groups, prepares risk management and approval papers as per the Stage Gate and LOA requirements.
- Assists Development group with optimizing project layouts for optimal construction solutions and pricing.
- Performs talent management, staffing reviews and identification of future talent requirements through succession planning focused on leadership-level roles.
- Travels for negotiations, project site visits, internal and client meetings.
- Collaborates with HSQE, Commercial, PMO, Operational Excellence and Engineering groups as required for process implementation and improvement.
- Collaborates with Solar business unit to cross-sell integrated project solutions to the clients.
- Engages with senior client management on a regular basis to address any concerns, resolve project issues, and finalization of any change orders, while maintaining positive relationship.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
QualificationsAdvanced level of knowledge in:
- Internally with executive managers, Directors, Project Managers, Estimators, Project Developers, Site Accountants, Engineering, Legal, HSQE and HR and cross-functional departmental teams
- Externally with clients, potential clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Motivation techniques
- General construction
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- ISO systems
- Construction Contracts
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Analytical skills
- Writing skills
- Change order management
- Management skills
- Project management principles
- Safety Management systems including behavior-based safety
Intermediate Level Of Knowledge In
- Civil engineering principles
- Electrical engineering principles
- Math skills
- Computer skills
- Estimating / Pre-Construction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Primavera P6
- Safety management
- Environmental compliance
- Quality management
- Presents, supports, and leads-by-example with a safety and quality-oriented attitude.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Leads and supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing system in place.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Manages one or more direct reports
- Participates in hiring and selection process to fill positions on the team.
- Communicates regularly with direct reports on goals, accomplishments, and information on policies.
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise in eyes of client group.
- Employee Development:
- Provides tasks and assignments that challenge and stretch employees’ responsibilities.
- Conducts regular discussions with employee(s) on personal development. Comfortable with empowering others.
- Conducts timely, effective performance reviews in accordance with RES guidelines.
Education And Experience
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction-Preferred
- Minimum of 20 years in industry related experience in operationally complex organizations.
- Minimum of 15 years of leadership experience managing T&D construction projects and teams to include both direct team leadership development and large operations team leadership.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in a similar position with relevant and comparable construction projects.
- A track record of strong financial and general management business ownership at high performing organizations.
- Proven experience creating and executing on strategies that brought together disparate teams with different cultures to create a larger, sustainable organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to use data analysis to build actionable insights.
- An ability to quickly get up to speed on new areas and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures.
- Travel: Domestic & International 76%-100%
- Valid Driver’s License Required
Location: Denver, CO
Physical Requirements And Environment
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representatives of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Rarely: Climbing, crouching, gripping are required.Occasionally: Carrying 5-15lbs., handling, lifting, repetitive motions required. Occasional extreme cold, heat, humidity, wet, and noise hazards in the work environment.Frequently: Sitting, standing and walking are required.Constantly: Reading, hearing, vision, repetitive motions, and sitting is required.We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.