Full Job Description
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the SVP of Finance will be a key business partner to the CFO and Ibotta’s Senior Leadership Team in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic and financial plans. Primary responsibilities will encompass all financial planning and analysis functions for the organization. This individual’s ability to help grow the business, including identifying, absorbing, and mitigating key financial risks will be equally important. As such, the SVP of Finance will be responsible for coordinating the ongoing modification of the vision and long-term business plan. In summary, we expect this candidate to be financially and commercially adept, assisting the Company to not just “report the news but to help make the news” as well.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you’ll do
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Manage all aspects of the strategic planning process, including assisting all levels of the organization in pursuing the projects that provide the best return on capital relative to other alternatives.
- Provide extensive experience with financial modeling, including NPV-based project analysis
- Provide senior leadership for the FP&A and Corporate Finance organizations with specific responsibility for driving the organization’s financial performance by managing Ibotta’s full financial model, creating detailed business plans, and implementing forecast models to track and validate investment decisions
- Lead the efforts to develop both the short-term and long-term capital plan for the business, including evaluating current/future projects, and prioritizing those projects to create long-term value
- Ensure Ibotta’s business leaders, external partners, and board members are aligned and energized about its underlying business strategy and future value creation opportunities.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA or Masters Degree in finance or accounting strongly preferred.
- Deep experience developing financial and strategic plans to maximize long-term value.
- Experience leading finance functions or organizations where long-term growth and value creation are a priority.
- Capital markets experience, including interaction with bankers and other third-party capital providers.
- Previous experience helping organizations mature their planning processes.
- Previous experience bringing a company public would be an advantage, but not mandatory. While this Company may or may not stay private for an extended period, all options for raising capital when and if needed to support growth remain open.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a…”) is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Base compensation range: $200,000-$275,000. This range is not all inclusive as total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to your base salary.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.
Ibotta is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
$200,000 – $275,000 a year