DPR Construction is seeking to hire a Structural Engineering Manager with specific experience in cold formed steel framing design for its structural engineering group, GPLA Structural Engineers Inc.
DPR Construction has operated as a self-performing general contractor in the U.S. for over 30 years with DPR’s Metal Framing and Drywall group having grown to be the 3rd largest CFS framing group in the U.S. A key component of DPR’s strategic plan for 2030 is demonstrated expertise with Design-to-Build project delivery methods. As part of DPR’s Design-to-Build approach, DPR has brought GPLA into the DPR family of companies to provide design, engineering, constructability, and detailing services to its self-performed work and prefab groups. As GPLA’s process is to design in fabrication-oriented modeling software, GPLA’s high definition BIM process is the perfect complement to DPR’s goal of executing work using DfMA capabilities.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess The Following
This Structural Engineering Manager will be the point person responsible for managing design, engineering, constructability review, and detailing work for GPLA as it pertains to cold-formed steel systems. They will train design engineers and detailers in the means and methods of cold formed framing, supervise the execution of the project work, and interface with the installation team to ensure that the design, model, production files, and shop drawings meet their needs. Their involvement will start with putting together the proposal for these scopes of work and will carry through the duration of the project.
- 15 years of experience in structural engineering work, with specific, detailed experience designing exterior and interior wall framing systems, and structural load bearing cold formed steel structures.
- Experience managing a team of 5 to 10 engineers and detailers.
- Strong managerial skills and excellent communication skills.
- PE license is required. SE license is preferred, particularly for licensed for work in CA, OR, WA, AZ, and TX.
- Trade level knowledge of contactor means and methods and preferred details.
- The desire to work in a team environment and promote team values.
- Ability to organize and produce drawings and calculations for building permits for framing projects.
- The drive to advance the AEC industry in it’s use of cold formed steel framing for technical applications.
- Experience with Tekla modeling software is a plus.
DPR has been nationally recognized for its strong company culture, based on a well-defined purpose “We Exist to Build Great Things,” and four core values: integrity, enjoyment, uniqueness and ever forward. A flat, title-less organization that empowers people at all levels to make decisions, DPR ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for five consecutive years. For more information, visit http://www.dpr.com.