Full Job Description
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 15 years of demonstrated leadership; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 13 years of demonstrated leadership.
Active SCI accesses within the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community are required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Strategy and Business Development Director. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The overall responsibility of this position is develop and execute a strategy for the GD MS space business area, aimed at capturing business with the United States Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
- Lead a team to develop and present a strategy with strategic options and recommendations to company leadership;
- Provide strategic direction and focus to influence product roadmaps and development to maximize company strength’s while leveraging industry partnerships for applicable technologies;
- Gather key data to ensure strategy is well informed and complete;
- Provide independent analysis and recommendations for strategy opportunities, resources, and execution plans;
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations for strategic partnerships and candidate acquisitions;
- Coordinate and communicate strategy formulation efforts and products with stakeholders;
- Facilitate business development teams effort to establish and maintain strategic partnerships across government and industry in support of overall strategy;
- Coordinate with the business teams in the establishment of investment objectives to lead and influence Independent Research and Development in support of overall strategy
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possesses broad market awareness, to include budgets, customer priorities, mission gaps and market dynamics
- Current relationships with key Department of Defense and Intelligence Community leaders and stakeholders
- Strong leadership, teambuilding, customer relationship skills
- Capable of developing and sharing a vision for achievement of objectives, delegating responsibility while being accountable, and must be able to influence others by persuasion
- Proven success identifying and growing new business and developing both short-term and long-term strategic plans for growth
- Ability to engage, motivate and lead staff and supporting organizations
Minimum Salary: USD $161,838.00/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $275,562.00/Yr. Salary Note: Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran