We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about service-based architectures and serverless computing. If you have the willingness to learn new technologies, share knowledge, learn from others, and help build a dev-ops culture of security by design, we’re looking for you.
Our teams are innovative, collaborative, diverse, and are taking technology into the future. The right person for this role is passionate about building optimized systems for scalability, performance, reusability, and reliability. If you love simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and are looking for a role with significant growth potential, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
This role falls within the “Titles and Metadata” organization, which is focused on building global solutions that provide access to the vast catalogue of NBCU titles, their descriptive metadata as well as cast and crew information, in multiple languages, whether it be movies, television series, entertainment shows or news and sports content.
We are very interested in attracting a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. If you aren’t sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying!
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience with Python and JSON
- 3+ years of backend software programming experience (APIs, databases, services)
- 2+ years of cloud application architecture and engineering (AWS is a must), with hands-on experience in cloud automation
- Experience in serverless and event-driven architecture and building RESTful web services
- Must have hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB as well as with relational databases
- Desire to lean in on a philosophy of security, resiliency, and privacy by design.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns.
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests required. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Experience delivering software using an agile development process
- Experience with DynamoDB and/or OpenSearch
- Able to define, document, and communicate front-end, middleware, and back-end architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both business and technical teams
- Ability to write test plans and test cases, and to communicate bugs to engineers and other stakeholders
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), software development, and agile development/testing practices and methodologies
- Passion for content distribution and keeping up to date with emerging platforms & the latest technology trends
- Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and collaborative style of communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for keeping up to date with emerging platforms & the latest technology trends
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $110,000 – $155,000
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.