Pax8 is the leading cloud-based technology marketplace, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate, so we don’t look for the right “fit” – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Come, take a look behind the curtain. At Pax8, we are always innovating and seeking new ways to approach our work. Our software teams consistently evaluate our methodologies, development procedures, design processes, and more. As a Senior Software Engineer on our Platform Team, you will play a pivotal role in paving the way for innovation within our Software Engineering teams. Your contributions will introduce new development technologies and methods to our continuously expanding engineering and product teams, enhancing efficiencies and product quality in the Pax8 Platform marketplace.
In this role, you will make a 180-degree turn, examining our internal development processes and assisting our groups in enhancing our development practices. You will immerse yourself in a unique position where you’ll introduce and pilot new technologies, methods, and processes to our Product and Engineering teams. A current example of this initiative is our adoption of microservices, and you will play a key role in driving its implementation and introducing it to our other Engineering groups.
Meet the team and hear what they have to say about our Product & Engineering group: Meet the Team
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Participate in team meetings including grooming sessions, project planning, and other aspects of the agile development lifecycle
- Help level up the team through mentorship and design techniques
- Participate in on-call rotations
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant software development experience
- Experience implementing and/or working with micro-frontend architecture
- Effective technical leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with innovative application design and implementation
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to step up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Ability to develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Ability to operate effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Ability to actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development challenges
Required Education & Certifications:
B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $140,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote #DICE-J
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.