About the job
Very Good Ventures is a global consultancy that provides clients elegant solutions using disruptive technologies. At VGV, we believe that building very good technology starts with a culture of excellence, collaboration, humility, and openness – and of course, have a very good time while doing it. We place our company values and culture at the forefront of everything we do.
Rising to prominence as the foremost Flutter experts, VGV is at an exciting stage of growth as we expand our global presence and our range of strategic services. Our mission is to lead the most influential companies through new digital frontiers and improve the relationship between technology and those that create it, those that lead it, and those that use it.
Employees come to work at VGV to solve challenging problems with the newest technology, alongside some of the best talent in the industry, and in a culture that remains steadfastly dedicated to its employees.
As a Senior Product Manager at Very Good Ventures, you will be responsible for providing clarity, guardrails, and requirements for the work we do with our wide variety of awesome clients. You will help guide our clients and internal teams through a variety of frameworks and methodologies, collaborating with cross-functional teams to define product strategy, prioritize product requirements, and lead the end-to-end product development lifecycle, aligning to our client’s business goals. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate with a high degree of autonomy while working effectively with cross-functional teams including our world-class engineers. As a senior product manager, you will be an integral part of our organization, with the ability to shape and define the success of the product management discipline.
- Elicit product requirements and produce requirement documentation.
- Prioritize product features and requirements using frameworks and tools.
- Define product strategy and value proposition(s).
- Document product features in user stories.
- Lead and participate in Agile sprint ceremonies.
- Define product success metrics and conduct data-informed feature optimization/enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate project strategy and execution.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis as needed.
- Utilize agile methodologies in your work.
- Extensive progressive experience in building products across diverse industries.
- Previous experience as a consultant.
- Proven ability to deliver a product from zero to one.
- Solid experience with Agile methodologies and common product management tools like JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, and ADO.
- Ability to lead clients confidently and autonomously.
- Cross-functional understanding
- Experience working with and speaking to analytics, such as Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel, etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Flutter.
- Ability to conduct research and create user personas.
- Remote first company
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) – We promote a culture of mental and physical wellness, and encourage you to take time off
- End of year company shut down (December 23, 2023- January 1, 2024), in addition to observing company holidays
- Healthcare including Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match
Values Do the best, professional work
- We create confidence and eliminate worry
- We are the global experts in what we do
- We provide authoritative knowledge and solutions
- Our work is always professional-grade
Be collaborative partners
- We put trust at center of what we do
- We are one team and deeply transparent with our clients
- We confidently manage the process based on our experience
- We tailor our approach to client requirements and preferences
- We make setting and managing expectations a top priority
Scale with standards
- We create scale through solid, repeatable practices
- We grow client capabilities in addition to creating software
- We are principled with our work and avoid shortcuts
- We seek out and build solutions to repeating needs
- We embrace automation and long-run optimization
Be open, be friendly, be fun
- We are a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We always treat everyone, inside and out, with respect and positivity
- We are always inclusive and open to new ideas
- We stay on the edge by exploring and take calculated risks
- We pursue opportunities that make our culture and jobs better
- We enjoy our time together (because otherwise what is the point?)