About the job
Pliancy is fundamentally changing the way businesses value technology by empowering the next evolution of IT leadership. We provide high-touch consulting solutions to life science and finance organizations. Our employees and clients find that we’re starkly different from other IT organizations because we challenge the status quo in two major ways: by putting people first in every decision we make, and by innovating towards simplicity and sustainability. Whether streamlining a client’s race to a cancer cure or securing the fine details of data integrity, we’re driven to help people.
And as a people-first company that invests in the long-term success of our employees, we’re looking for creative thinkers who like to solve interesting problems. We have a culture of mentorship and prioritize curiosity and empathy in all of our hiring decisions.
What’s an average day like?
The clients you’ll work with are exclusively Life Sciences Organizations and Capital Management firms (likely Venture Capital, Private Equity, or Hedge Funds). These clients are very friendly and enjoyable to work with. Pliancy prides itself on working with clients who respect our team and expertise. You’re treated as one of their own, not as an outside individual. You’ll get to collaborate with teammates to solve interesting, important challenges, all of whom have a passion for technology and helping people. If you love innovating, building relationships, and socializing with fellow team members, you’ll love our culture.
A typical week is a mix of regularly scheduled site visits and remote support consulting with your primary clients. You’ll effectively be researching solutions, implementing projects, using technology to improve processes and workflows, improving documentation, training users, and responding to ad-hoc requests. When not scheduled at your clients’ sites, you may drop in at the local office to collaborate with a coworker on pending issues. The remainder of the time is spent with the team on internal solutions, special projects, ticket escalations, and learning new technologies.
Who are we looking for?
You’re an attentive, curious person who loves connecting with people and values the importance of creating relationships with the people you support. To you, clients are people, not cases to solve — you build relationships, and as a by-product, you build trust. Few things make you feel better at the end of a workday than helping your team work swiftly and efficiently toward a common goal. You are skilled at using your professional experience to solve problems and implement them with your clients. You look out for your people and they’re grateful for your responsiveness. You enjoy solving business problems through the clever use of emerging technologies, often pioneering the adoption of these tools.
- Driving the adoption of forward-thinking technology in a rapid-growth environment
- Identifying unique cutting-edge solutions to business problems leveraging technology
- Scoping client solutions, identifying the best solutions, and implementing them with a client
- Providing high-touch, white-glove support to executives, executive assistants, and staff
- Troubleshooting day-to-day technical issues and assisting with daily requests
- Conducting IT operations for clients including user administration and support
- Training and assisting on the use of tools and technology to meet business needs
- Documenting assets, configurations, passwords, processes, etc. and maintaining current and accurate documentation
- Assisting with office moves, upgrades, and AV deployments
Requirements: (these are recommendations, not requirements – we review all applicants)
- 5+ years of general IT support experience
- Soft skills (personality, relationship-building, communication, stress management)
- Team-centric mentality focused towards succeeding together (collaboration, communication, documentation, improving processes)
- Experienced and comfortable supporting and communicating with executive teams
- Experience using Professional skills to solve business needs independently
- Extensive macOS and Windows Desktop experience
- Extensive M365, GSuite / Google Workspace administration experience
- Addigy/Jamf/Intune MDM (Device posturing) experience
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory / Azure AD
- Experience with cloud ID services, Okta / DUO and other MFA/SSO providers
- Experience with Common SaaS Offerings (including but not limited to ( Box / Dropbox / Egnyte)
- General understanding of network fundamentals and ability to configure GUI-based network hardware
- Aptitude (Ability to learn new technologies quickly)
- Troubleshooting (Ability to work through issues methodically)
- Ability & willingness to properly document processes and assets
- Incredible sense of pride and passion for what you do and a desire to help your teammates
- Ability to commute to and from clients located in Palo Alto, CA
- Authorization to work in USA for any employer
Nice to have
- Prior experience supporting Capital Management (VC/PE/Hedge)
- Experience implementing RIA Compliance Controls
- Video-conferencing/AV experience – Zoom, Zoom Rooms, Google Meet
- PowerShell & Scripting
- VoIP Support & Management
- Generous salary, above-average pay ($90K-$120K dependent on experience)
- Healthcare: Premiums 100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents for our base level plan with option to upgrade
- Medical HRA: Company-funded reimbursement account to help cover copays, deductibles, and coinsurance
- Optional dental and vision plans are offered for you to opt into
- 401(k) Options
- Unlimited PTO – and a culture where you can actually use it!
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness stipend ($120 per month)
- Home internet and mobile phone reimbursement ($160 per month) to help you stay connected
- Employer-funded commuter benefits and mileage reimbursement
- Employee stock options so you can share in Pliancy’s success
Why work with us?
- Clients solving challenging problems with meaningful purpose
- Top-of-their-game peers who have fun with what they do and take teamwork seriously
- Rapid company growth (75% year over year) with opportunities to see the impact of your efforts on the company
- A manager who will partner with you to help you grow and identify opportunities for career development
- Flexible schedule designed to empower your communication and time management skills
- Great culture driven by community-minded, empathetic teammates
- Benefits and perks built to meaningfully support you and your family while we grow together