Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto’s autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization’s success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
About the Role
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? Are you yearning for an opportunity to utilize your creativity to grow a scaling process? We are looking for a Sr. Field Operations Manager to join us on our journey to facilitate a digital revolution in the B2B supply chain.
The Sr. Field Operations Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and safe transportation of any materials to meet the demands of our clients in various regions. This dynamic position requires a strong problem solver who can adapt quickly to changing circumstances and excel in the following key areas:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the coordination of transportation activities, including scheduling, route planning, and load optimization.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of frac sand materials to meet customer demand.
- Collaborate with dispatchers, drivers, and other teams to streamline operations.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Investigate and address safety incidents, taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Monitor and report on the condition of equipment and materials.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives as needed.
- Track and manage inventory levels at various regional sites.
- Ensure adequate stock levels to meet customer demand.
- Implement inventory control measures and reporting systems.
- Foster effective communication among field staff, drivers, and other departments.
- Act as a liaison between field operations and headquarters.
- Address and resolve communication challenges in a timely manner.
- Identify and proactively address operational challenges and bottlenecks.
- Develop innovative solutions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts during unexpected disruptions.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of operations, safety incidents, and inventory levels.
- Generate regular reports to assess performance and make data-driven decisions.
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to travel 90% and work in regions with short notice – company or leased vehicle provided.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and logistics software and reporting tools.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks in an organized fashion.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
- Effective leadership skills.
Compensation: $100 – $120k
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field preferred (experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven experience in frac sand trucking or a similar logistics-intensive industry.
- Excellent knowledge of logistics coordination, safety compliance, quality control, and inventory management.
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flex and Health Savings Plans
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid parking or RTD pass
- Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free or discounted legal program
- Product & Services Discount Program
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- We supply the industry’s best hardware and productivity software.
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.