We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Director of Product Management to join our dynamic team and lead the strategic development and management of our core technology components.
As the Senior Director of Product Management, you will play a pivotal role in driving the success of the Workiva Platform. You will be responsible for overseeing the core technology components that drive our platform, including user management, administration, authentication, authorization, search, file system, UX frameworks, data storage & encryption, public APIs and developer tools. Your primary focus will be to define and execute the product strategy, ensuring the continuous improvement and innovation of these key components.
What You’ll Do:
Product Strategy and Roadmap:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product strategy for the core technology components of our platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering and user experience to define and prioritize product features and enhancements.
- Stay updated with industry trends, market demands, and customer feedback to identify new opportunities and ensure our product offerings remain competitive and innovative.
- Define the product roadmap and prioritize initiatives based on business objectives and customer needs.
Product Development and Management:
- Build and lead a high-performing product management team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Lead a team of product managers, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering Workivas culture as a great place to work
- Define clear product requirements and collaborate closely with engineering teams to ensure successful implementation and timely delivery of new features and enhancements.
- Conduct regular product reviews and analyze product performance metrics to measure success and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage the product lifecycle, from ideation to launch, and ensure seamless integration of new features and enhancements into the platform.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including sales, marketing, and customer success teams and engineering to gather customer feedback, understand market needs, and align product strategy with business goals.
- Engage with customers, prospects, and industry thought leaders to gain insights, validate product direction, and gather feedback for product improvements.
- Work closely with the product leadership team to align the product roadmap with the overall company vision and objectives.
What You’ll Need
- Strong domain expertise in scalable Enterprise Cloud infrastructure, application integration, and core technology components (i.e. user management, administration, authentication, authorization, etc.) in a SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 years related experience, Master’s degree with 10 years related experience, or PhD with 8 years related experience
- Minimum 8 years direct people management experience preferred, including leading of Directors and Managers
- B.S./B.A. degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, or business; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA preferred
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Up to 35% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
$191,000.00 – $325,000.00
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best – either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.#LI-LP1