About the job
Senior Director of People
As the Senior Director of People at Western Veterinary Partners, you and your team will become key partners with the leaders and employees across our organization. You will partner with leadership, team members across the organization and the People team to provide expertise and consultation in change management, benefits administration, employee relations, automation of processes, performance management, succession planning, compliance, employee experience, and talent development.
Our private equity support produces a high-growth environment through rapid acquisitions and geographical expansion. This role is critical to optimizing our people strategy throughout the employee lifecycle. You will be responsible for utilizing People data and analytics to provide a strategic approach to identify, prioritize, and successfully propose, implement, and execute People initiatives and projects.
- Reinforce a high-performance culture by working closely with our executive leaders in setting clear performance expectations and providing ongoing and direct feedback. Utilize data to identify gaps and propose training coaching opportunities, or discipline as necessary.
- Evaluate, design, and execute the automation of technology systems as they relate to Human Resources. These improvements are critical to ensure the support of our rapid growth and expanding geographical footprint.
- Develop SOPs and processes for human resources initiatives and organization. Work with the People Operations Directors East/West to successfully execute strategies impacting our field leadership and Field Team Members.
- Provide People Operations support to Corporate Employees. Additionally, provide support on escalated Employee Relations concerns in the field.
- Evaluate and engage people to gain deep knowledge on the unique talent challenges of the team, then work with leaders and team members to address them. This will include retention strategies and partnering with Operations to execute the strategy.
- Develop & lead core people processes and guide your teams through Western Vet’s talent management processes and programs. This process includes performance management, compensation reviews, employee survey action planning, talent review, gap analysis, succession planning, organizational design, and headcount planning.
- Advise on employee relations issues and support managers through the performance management process of your teams.
- Provide leadership to build and develop a team capable of identifying and solving talent challenges across the organization. Partner effectively across other parts of the organization including: Recruiting, Organizational Development, Marketing, Business Development and Finance. Ensure that they are aware of organizational changes that could impact their work and have the right context to support business decisions.
- Reinforce a high-performance culture by working closely with our managers on how to set clear performance expectations and provide ongoing and direct feedback. Utilize data to identify gaps and propose training coaching opportunities, or discipline as necessary.
- As changemakers, helping the organization to continue to improve the working environment and our employee relations.
Desired Education & Qualifications
- 15+ years progressively responsible HR roles including experience or exposure to areas such as talent acquisition, talent management, learning & development, employee engagement, employee relations and benefit administration.
- 7+ years of experience guiding, developing, coaching and managing a team.
- Master’s degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR, or the ability and willingness to work toward this goal, preferred.
- Experience implementing a wide range of creative and thoughtful talent management strategies and programs in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience working with doctors or veterinarians highly encouraged.
- Prior acquisition experience and prior experience in a high growth company preferred.
- Experience creating and executing tactical HR strategies that solve people and business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration strategies with an innate ability to promote a team environment and motivating others.
- High level of integrity, authenticity, and trust that permeates throughout the organization.
- Working knowledge and prior experience managing HR law and compliance in a multi-state company.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, One Note, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and lead in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to our partnering veterinary practices and acquisitions which may be up to 30% of your time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit or stand, listen, and speak.
- Competitive benefits offered: Health, dental, vision, life insurance, ancillary, 401k, & paid time off.
- This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Western Veterinary Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
$155k – $170k annualized plus equity