About the job
About Vantage Data Centers
Vantage is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience.
Vantage Data Centers powers, cools, protects and connects the technology of the world’s well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers and large enterprises. Developing and operating across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific, Vantage has evolved data center design in innovative ways to deliver dramatic gains in reliability, efficiency and sustainability in flexible environments that can scale as quickly as the market demands.
Technology & Systems Department
The Technology & Systems department drives technological innovation for the company and advances the technology strategy to support global growth. This includes IT, Software Development, OT / Automation Systems, and business process improvement. At Vantage, we are very hands on. In most cases, we specify, purchase, configure and maintain all networking and server hardware. We also work closely with partner VARs to learn about the latest technology changes so we can make informed purchase decisions. The Technology & Systems department participates in designing each of our new data center building’s networking infrastructure, including but not limited to diverse pathways connecting to carriers, meet-me room (MMR) hosting (rack, cabs, ladders, cross connect panels…), wireless AP coverage, etc.
We rely on extreme collaboration with Sales, Construction, Operations and Corporate Functions to drive simplification, establish global standards with continuous improvement and speed to value. We are working to build a reliable, scalable, sustainable, and secure technology roadmap/landscape that enables us to better serve our customers and employees and be the partner of choice. Our focus on speed to value with extreme collaboration and financial/execution discipline. We strive to double the good, halve the bad, in half the time.
Vantage is looking for an innovative, highly collaborative, detail-oriented Senior Director, IT Digital Products to be the domain leader for the Software Development and Enterprise Architecture teams. You will be a member of CIO staff and the Technology Owner for the following areas: Enterprise Architecture, Custom Digital Solutions, Integrations, Enterprise Data Management (EDM), Advanced analytics, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the technology strategy and roadmap for Digital Products – custom Digital Solutions, Integrations, Enterprise Data Management (EDM), Advanced analytics, and RPAs
- Improve operational excellence and customer experience through intelligent insights and differentiated custom digital solutions
- Lead the Enterprise Architecture Committee and partner with CIO Leadership team to rationalize the technology landscape, improve utilization, reduce technical debt and NVA (non-value add) work across the organization
- Partner with Customer Experience teams to build flexible, scalable, and innovative digital products with self-service that delight the customers
- Build highly effective high performing teams globally across multiple locations and technologies
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and CIO Partners (Global and Regional) to identify opportunities, gather requirements, prioritize, create business cases, and build digital products with speed to value
- Evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, and costs of existing technology and systems, research new or alternative solutions, and make recommendations to senior management as appropriate
- Ensure that investments in technology are appropriate to the needs of the business, the developments in the industry, and that they produce satisfactory returns
- Prioritize, assign, and manage a portfolio of technology projects in support of business goals; ensure delivery of projects on time and in budget
- Incorporate best practices to improve existing methods and processes iteratively improving user experience
- Build discipline and rigor in projects to consistently deliver on time, in budget while meeting expectations
- Develop and implement change management policies to reduce risk and negative impact to the business
- Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with functional leadership across the organization as well as vendors to ensure that technology solutions are effective and in alignment with functional and organizational needs
- Develop and mentor team members and future leaders
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies/trends and how they can be applied to current and future business needs
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for both staff and strategic partners
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop, monitor, and report on departmental technology key performance indicators
- Essential functions of this position are to be performed in a company-designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the company’s Acceptable Use Policy and other industry-specific professional and ethical standards, if applicable
- 10+ years of progressive IT or technology experience with proven track record of success in leadership positions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated successful experience in most aspects of digital product management, software development, enterprise architecture, advanced analytics, robotic process automation, building integrations and data lake
- Experience working with business partners and IT peers to determine needs and develop appropriate technical solutions/responses to solve business problems
- Experience building Digital Twin, data lake and leading teams to leverage AI/ML to generate predictive / prescriptive analytics is desirable
- Hands on experience with Microsoft technology stack like Azure Power Platform is required
- Knowledge and experience in database management is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities to meet business technology needs
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Travel required is expected to be less than 15%, but may increase over time as the business evolves
- Salary Range: $150,000 – $200,000 Base + Bonus
- This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program that includes company match, and many other additional voluntary benefits
- Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including your qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown
We operate with No Ego and No Arrogance. We work to build each other up and support one another, appreciating each other’s strengths and respecting each other’s weaknesses. We find joy in our work and each other, actively seeking opportunities to inject fun into what we do. Our hard an efficient work is rewarded with an above market total compensation package. We offer a comprehensive suite of health and welfare, retirement, and paid leave benefits exceeding local expectations.
Safety and security always matter. During COVID, all positions that can work remotely have been, and appropriate steps have been taken to ensure the safety of employees in any position essential to be on site. Regardless of where you are working, technology to work effectively is provided on or in advance of your first day of employment.
Throughout the year, the advantage of being part of the Vantage team is evident with an array of benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
Vantage Data Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer