Full Job Description
The Business Management Manager manages a team of experienced professionals that is responsible for providing strategic support for the assigned business area. As well as focusing on high level projects, the team executes strategic business management consulting to leaders by analyzing metrics and presentations to support business strategies, driving business management policies and routines, and being the central point of contact for leaders in the execution of business management tasks. As a manager, this job oversees the business management execution and is responsible for policy and strategy implementation that impact the achievement of strategic business management consulting operational results. This job is considered a subject matter expert in the Business Management area.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead a team of seven business managers who support LR&C Leadership Team and their divisions, making decisions on tactical issues that impact the business.
- Analyzes and reports to senior management on area data (financial, headcount, etc.) and performance metrics.
- Oversees business management projects by monitoring and tracking risks, issues and action items.
- Drives and oversees meeting planning in support of business projects and objectives.
- Influences the development of new strategic initiatives through tracking budgets and milestones.
- Oversees the implementation of policies and procedures in support of the business area strategy.
- Drives process improvements in assigned business area.
- Leading a communication portfolio for the LR&C organization. Creating messaging and content that educates and connects our associates. Hosting dynamic and interactive quarterly Town Halls with EC guest speakers.
- Overseeing space planning and real estate for 25+ offices in support of a positive associate experience as people return to existing and newly modernized offices with share spaces.
- Governing the LR&C Culture Action Team (CAT) to ensure programming that maximizes employee engagement in a virtual environment. Addressing survey themes by featuring monthly Speaker Series, Leadership Team Open Doors, New Hire Coffees, and social activities like book club and trivia nights.
- Oversee the LR&C Business Continuity plan managing four Business Continuity Coordinators to ensure plan accuracy, regulatory test compliancy and live event communication and escalation.
- Manages performance of team through regular, timely feedback as well as the formal performance review process to ensure delivery of exceptional products and engagement, motivation, and development of team.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 8+ Years Required; 10+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
We are open to other office locations.
- 8+ years of business management experience in the financial services industry
- Legal, Risk and Compliance experience
- 10+ years of business management experience in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- People Leadership experience
Potential Salary: $211,000.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
$211,000 a year