About the job
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About The Team
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood’s offices in Chicago, IL or Lake Mary, FL or Westlake, TX or Denver, CO with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
The Chief Compliance Officer of RHD (Robinhood Derivatives) will champion a culture of compliance and be responsible for managing compliance for Robinhood’s newly formed entity that focuses on futures, event contracts, and options on futures. The CCO will spearhead the management of our Robinhood Derivatives Compliance program, and serve as the point of contact to our regulators and internal teams for all Derivatives Business compliance needs. In this role, the candidate will design and implement Robinhood Derivatives policies and procedures and a system of controls. They will serve as an advisor for Robinhood Derivatives operations teams and champion a culture of compliance.
What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Establishing and leading a compliance program, including
- Providing advice and mentorship to our business partners regarding the applicability of rules and regulations; advice on policies, procedures and controls and relating to new products and/or services, risk management and changes in the regulatory environment
- Reviewing futures processes and industry related continuing education for compliance with regulations for FCMs and RFEDs
- Drafting, maintaining and improving relevant policies and procedures
- Supporting projects to implement regulatory and risk initiatives related to Robinhood’s futures, forex and virtual currency business through engagement with multiple corporate oversight groups including, Legal, Corporate Risk and Supervision & Controls. This includes any mergers and acquisitions affecting futures compliance.
- Working closely with various partners within Robinhood’s Compliance Group and Internal Audit Department in support of internal and external regulatory exams and/or inquiries
- Maintaining a keen understanding and awareness of the marketing including, bot limited to futures, forex and virtual currency business model, product offerings, regulatory environment and policy infrastructure
- Reviewing promotional material
- Assisting with the production of the annual CCO Report
- 8+ years industry experience, with 5 years futures, forex and virtual currency compliance and regulatory experience
- FINRA Series 3
- Prior experience at a financial services regulator (NFA, CFTC)
- Active involvement in a financial services industry organizations
- Experience writing policies, procedures or other business procedure related documents
- Project management skills and the ability or organize and process large amounts of data/information
- Interest in creating change through process improvements, training and streamlining functions
- Confident with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a sophisticated, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and develop plans.
- Shown ability to collaborate among compliance colleagues and the business and across Robinhood.
- Ability to be flexible, use sound judgment, solve problems, work under pressure and meet tight target dates
- Results-oriented, able to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear strategies and solutions
- Positive demeanor, passion, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $255000 – $300000
US Zone 2: $224000 – $264000
US Zone 3: $199000 – $234000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.