S&W Seed Company has been in business for over 40 years and provides expertise in agricultural breeding, production and processing for the alfalfa, sunflower, sorghum species, and stevia industries. Our vision is to be the world’s preferred proprietary seed company which supplies a range of forage, grain and specialty crop products that supports the growing global demand for animal proteins and healthier consumer diets. With worldwide sales and distribution through both a direct sales force as well as dealer-distributors, S&W is dedicated to providing the world’s farmers with the very best seed varieties and hybrids to maximize their yields and profits, while providing products for peak performance around the world.
The Senior Accountant will manage all aspects of the general ledger, booking journal entries and reconciling accounts for the closing process. This role will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems. The Sr Accountant will contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish and maintain internal controls
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly, quarterly or annual closing
- Provide monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Analyze and report cost variances
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements, where necessary
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts, where necessary
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- All other duties as required.
- Health & Safety
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the position and/or task;
- Report any accidents, incidents, near misses and hazardous observations to your Supervisor immediately;
- Maintain a clean and organized work area;
- Follow company safety policies, protocols, and procedures.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Highly personal motivation and self-management capability.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Fluency in English, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Must be proactive as well as solve problems and make decisions in time sensitive conditions.
- Able to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail.
- High degree of adaptability & flexibility.
- Ability to troubleshoot and modify procedures to ensure effective and efficient processes.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, professional relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Professional conduct at all times when acting on behalf of S&W Seed Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, advanced Excel knowledge, accounting software (Netsuite a plus)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary ($70,000 – $100,000 depending on experience) and an above average benefits package including medical, dental, vision, medical and dependent flexible spending accounts, HSA, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, company-paid life insurance & accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, employee assistance program, 401K/401K Roth with company match, wellness program, bonus opportunity through our “Achievement Wins Rewards” program, and tuition reimbursement. We offer a hybrid working environment, three days in the office and two days remote.
$70,000 – $100,000