About the job
Multiverse Media (MVM) is looking for a President for our NewSpace Global (NSG) channel to manage a focused team of analysts, and to work with executives on strategy, planning and business development.
NSG is a global leader in data analysis and coverage of the new space industry. NSG is a part of Multiverse Media, a fast-growing integrated media company focusing on space exploration, science, and technology. As part of the News and Intelligence division
Please note that this position is remote, though the new hire may need to spend some time in a yet to be opened office in Denver and possibly relocate there.
The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of the space sector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Directing short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Approves annual business plans and budgets for NSG’s sales and service delivery.
- Directs operations of NSG in areas including staffing, quality, profitability improvement and customer service.
- Monitors business operations through monthly reviews of group and area progress and assists in mid-course adjustments as needed to get or remain on plan.
- Develops and evaluates short and long-term strategic financial and operating objectives, in line with overall business strategy.
- Ensures the effective management of processes for business forecasting, budgets, consolidation, and reporting to Corporate.
- Directs and partners on technical innovation, quality management and health and safety while partnering with Corporate’s functional leaders.
- Manages and minimizes NSG’s financial risk exposure by following and maintaining governance, systems of controls, and ensuring that the appropriate requirements are operating effectively.
- Ensures the unit is in compliance with Group standards using corporate governance requirements and applicable local and international regulatory laws for reporting, and taking action where non-compliance is identified.
- Manages, directs, and ensures a balanced portfolio of projects.
- Manages budget and resources so that NSG is prepared to deliver on its strategies; continuously look at ways to be more cost effective and improve efficiencies and service levels.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and provide consultative support to planning initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions, providing accurate and relevant advice.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Works with the Corporate division to identify potential new business opportunities/sources of revenue.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Proven work experience as a President or similar role
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence
- Strong organizational and process orientation skills
- Proven business acumen with financial and operational knowledge of various industries
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate business and technical concepts to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build relationships and navigate organizations to find the right points of contact
- A strong multitasker in a deadline driven environment with the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, motivational skills, and with the talent to execute
- A quick learner with ability to grasp complex concepts
- Working industry knowledge (Space, Publishing, Film) knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Experience with Tableau, Airtable, Google Analytics, Slack, Google DoubleClick
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Experienced with Salesforce
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 10 years of related experience with at least 6 of those years in a management or leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related area
- MBA, or equivalent
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday