Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Managing Director to join our Washington National Tax- Tax Controversy -Dispute Resolution organization.
- Provide tax controversy services to a full range of corporate clients, including major multinational clients and work closely with other offices of KPMG, LLP to provide those services to their clients.
- Represent clients at various levels of their IRS controversy from examination, through appeals and into post appeal mediation and arbitration with a focus on global transfer pricing dispute resolution including Advance Pricing Agreements, Competent Authority proceedings and tax audits
- Work with other practice groups in WNT and member firms of KPMG throughout the world
- Contribute to thought leadership internally and externally through publishing and speaking activities
- Perform WNT review of client deliverables, thought leadership articles and presentation materials and perform other risk management activities
- Contribute to the growth, experience and institutional knowledge of the WNT practice staff level team members
- Minimum 10 years of recent experience working for or engaging with the IRS and other governments in tax controversy matters, including experience in another public accounting firm, law firm, or the IRS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university and JD/LLM or licensed CPA or Enrolled Agent; active IRS authorized tax practitioner required
- Relevant government experience is preferred, particularly with IRS APMA; candidates will be screened for adherence to post-employment restrictions
- Demonstrated tax experience performing tax research, representing clients in federal controversies and providing technical advice on tax issues
- Specific knowledge of transfer pricing issues and demonstrated experience with resolution processes (competent authority proceedings, APAs) required
- Excellent communication, public speaking, research and writing skills with the ability to articulate complex tax issues and position
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant’s skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
California Salary Range: $264900 – $550800
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG recruits on a rolling basis. Candidates are considered as they apply, until the opportunity is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply expeditiously to any role(s) for which they are qualified that is also of interest to them.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).