Full Job Description
The IT Director will lead the Data & Integrations team, including but not limited to partnering with product development teams, managing team resources, maintaining integration technologies, working with key vendor teams, and developing a long term strategy. Responsible for developing and delivering one or more end-to-end services for specified IT functions and/or business units (BU). Drives overall IT planning efforts; ensures alignment with enterprise IT strategy and standards. Manages IT portfolio; in collaboration with other IT and business leaders. Responsible for IT financial budgets including capital, O&M, inservicing and value realization. Directs strategic application, infrastructure, and/or network development, support, maintenance, operations for all delivery functions. Develops and coaches teams.
- Relationship Management: Build strong effective partnerships with internal and external teams; Strong executive presence; able to influence and navigate complex and competing interest of multiple stakeholders.
- Strategy and Planning: Develop and manage strategic technology plans and roadmaps; Collaborate with IT and business leaders to build and develop the long and mid-term strategic plans to enable business objectives; Drive process improvements and IT service optimization.
- Operational / Delivery Management: Manages identification, investigation and solving production problems, including preventative measures and appropriate communication to clients regarding resolution; has general understanding of the business operations ; drives ongoing improvements in IT performance.
- Portfolio Management: Management of the investments, projects and activities within a IT portfolio Manage objectives, priorities, delivery and financials.
- Talent Development: Develop a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development; Creates an environment of continuous learning and growth development.
- Financial Management: Manages financial budgets: capital, expense and inservicing; Manages regulatory commitments as appropriate; Effectively prioritizes financial spend based on strategic company objectives; Ensure financial prudency on behalf of customers and shareholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- Sound understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology and IT environments.
- Ten years of IT experience and/or integrated utility and regulatory business.
- Experience building and developing teams.
- Exceptional relationship management and communications skills.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Proven leadership of a technical team.
- Experience leading strategic expansion of team’s capabilities.
- Ability to build relatioinships and work cross-departmentally across business verticals.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver; MN – Minneapolis || United States (US) || Technology Services || 06358:IT-Shared Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $116,000 to $164,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay – Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Requisition Number: 46180
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
$116,000 – $164,666 a year