About the job
Who We Are
At Optimize Health, we believe that it’s time to rethink brick-and-mortar-only healthcare visits. With our powerful combination of the leading platform technology, patient-friendly devices, and trusted support, we are pioneering how medical groups use technology and real-time data to treat patients’ health outside the practice walls. As the most trusted and experienced remote care vendor in the industry, we simplify the complexities of delivering effective, high-quality remote patient monitoring and optimize our clients’ clinical and financial performance.
The Head of Engineering is a proven leader with the ability to recruit, retain, engage, coach, and motivate engineering talent and link business strategy to execution by managing deliverables, resource planning, and process improvement. Reports to the CEO.
The Head Of Engineering Will
- Build, manage, develop, and scale a diverse and high-performing engineering organization, including building out the necessary technology leadership infrastructure to support it
- Direct resource planning, recruitment, placement, and ongoing performance management of engineering staff
- Grow the technology team by attracting, onboarding, retaining, and developing engineering talent
- Foster an environment of empowerment, learning, and professional development by providing mentorship and coaching technical staff
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work
- Champion and ensure engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Ensure all technology is functioning optimally; create a relentless culture of quality, as well as world-class quality assurance processes
- Establish, execute, and achieve the company’s technical vision and scaling milestones in strategic alignment with business objectives, user and client experience, and revenue goals
- Take a hands on approach to develop and execute on a technical roadmap with a focus on scalability
Our ideal candidate will have most of the following skills and experiences:
- Minimum of 8+ years of technical leadership in which you have a demonstrated track record of leading and overseeing sophisticated engineering initiatives
- Outstanding leadership skills in both recruiting outstanding talent and effectively scaling teams
- A proven track record of scaling technology organizations in a complex, regulated environment
- Experience building business applications with modern architectures, including microservices and APIs
- Strong ability to inspire and lead others
- Familiarity with the core tenets of healthcare data security and compliance certifications (e.g SOCII, Hitrust, Etc…)
- Ability to operate effectively in both tactical and strategic capacities – You can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll-up your sleeves as needed
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g., Lean, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Deep experience with AWS, modern data processing products and microservices architecture
- Preferred tech experience: Golang, TypeScript, React, Terraform, Docker, Bazel, GraphQL, gRPC, and DynamoDB (Single table design)
- Experience at a high-growth company, preferably in a carefully regulated environment like healthcare
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and drive scalable processes across a technology organization
- Demonstrated experience of promoting culture and diversity throughout an engineering organization to achieve transformational change
- Excellent communication skills for both horizontal and vertical organizational lines
- Comfortable with operating at hypergrowth, startup speeds
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is highly preferred
What You’ll Get From Us
- We’re a fast-growing startup where everyone has a voice, and every team member is encouraged to help shape our organization’s future.
- We are passionate about our mission to modernize and improve the future of healthcare.
- We foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and innovation.
- We cover 100% of the employee premium for health, dental, and vision.
- We contribute up to $3,000 toward an HSA for each employee.
- We are based in Seattle with a Global remote team.
- PTO, Company Holidays, and Paid Sick Time
- Work-From-Home Stipend to make your home office perfect for you!
Optimize health was founded in 2015 with a focus on improving patient outcomes. We simplify effective remote care and reduce the administrative and financial hurdles in order to improve patient outcomes, lower hospitalizations, and reduce patient expenses.
We believe healthcare technology should be designed for the patient and provider. That’s why we created an elegant remote care platform, along with monitoring services, designed to offer the best experience possible for healthcare workers and patients. Created and supported by a world-class technology team, Optimize Health is a market leader in remote care.
We recognize we are trying to solve a really hard problem and that is why those that join our team are so important. “Optimizers” are the core of our company and we strive to continue to be a best place to work that is equitable, fulfilling where team members feel like they belong.
We embrace diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. No matter your background, your orientation, or your identity expression, if you are passionate about modernizing and improving the future of healthcare, we want to hear from you!