About the job
OFFICE OF OPERATIONS
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $123,711 – $143,466
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for leading multiple key data and accountability functions within DPS. Directs, plans and oversees large scale initiatives and strategies. Implements and achieves strategic plans, translates district vision into operational goals, and sets the highest standards of excellence.
Leads academic and operational research, evaluation, analysis and accountability functions for the District in the service of equitable outcomes for students, data informed decision making and data driven service delivery. Plans, implements, and supervises an on-going program of research, evaluation, data management, and measurement development, including survey design. Promotes a modern culture of data across the District through leadership of data governance, data quality and data management efforts, including a data management council and establishment of data standards. Identify and oversee partnerships with external entities to drive various workstreams. Reports to Associate Chief of Strategic Operations. As part of a values-based organization, co-creates and works to achieves Board of Education ends policies and goals through our shared commitment to Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun. Plans, assigns and supervises the work performed in the areas of responsibility and ensures compliance with District policy and practices and appropriate federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Leads several teams within the department to effectively serve the needs of schools leaders, teachers and supervisors; district leadership; state; staff; and community in capturing district data, analyzing results and collaborating to communicate outcomes to a variety of audiences.
- Plans and delivers presentations to the superintendent and members of the senior leadership team to ensure common understanding of district data and identify action strategies.
- Effectively collaborates with various teams and departments throughout the organization (e.g., Office of Schools, Operational Teams) to provide analytics and tools (e.g., dashboards) to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Ensures delivery of high quality professional development in the interpretation and application of data.
- Oversees all federal and state accountability systems of rewards and sanctions related to student performance and compliance of accountability measures and other measures as necessary.
- Develops effective accountability and reporting tools and provides district-wide guidance and expertise in the collection, analysis and communication of student and school data in order to inform district decision-making; leads analysis of annual and short cycles of student performance data and interpretation and communication of identified patterns to relevant parties, according to identified student needs.
- Oversees the development, coordination, and communication of all district-wide research projects, conducted by internal and external groups and ensures compliance with district policies and procedures; surveys educational research findings and develops effective methods of communicating and disseminating the salient related findings to district personnel along with recommendations for applicability to the District’s educational programs.
- Collaborates on teacher effectiveness system, with direct responsibility for leading the development and operation of a system to measure student outcomes as well as the student perception survey of teacher effectiveness.
- Serves as a primary resource in developing or selecting, administering, interpreting and reporting the District’s program evaluations.
- Serves as a liaison between the District, state and other educational agencies in the development, coordination, and implementation of new programs for instructional improvement.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of leadership experience in federal, state and district accountability or research experience for large districts.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively lead a function, focusing function on strategic goals.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
- Demonstrated experience performing as an effective leader and team player, recognizing and resolving conflicts or potentially controversial situations through diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information in a readily accessible manner with a variety of audiences.
- Looks for ways to significantly improve business performance and growth.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with individuals at all different levels in the organization.
- Encourages diversity and mutual respect among team members and demonstrates compassion and sensitivity.
- Proven ability to positively impact educational programs through the constructive use of data to inform planning and instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Measurement, Evaluation; Psychometrics; or Masters in Educational Leadership or related field required.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.