GHX is seeking a multifaceted Director, Procurement, reporting into the Executive Director, FP&A. The Director will be responsible to develop, implement and oversee procurement operations, procurement services support (systems, processes, procedures, contracts, analytics, compliance), supplier quantity reductions, quality improvements and strategic relationship development. The Director will have a mandate to maximize savings, establish a standardized set of best-in-class policies, processes, procedures and standards, optimize existing applications and develop a robust strategic supplier program. The Director will also develop sourcing strategies, procurement processes and track performance using metrics that enable GHX to accelerate profitable growth while driving efficiency, reducing spend and total cost of ownership. The Director will partner with leaders across GHX to manage relationships and achieve buy-in for the sourcing strategies and efficiency improvements for internal and external stakeholders.
• Define and implement best-in-class processes and supporting technology to improve efficiencies, analytics, reporting and compliance.
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies for planned spend.
• Lead the development of annual strategic sourcing plans, execution of those plans and achievement of maximized savings.
• Draft and implement sourcing policies and help define policy approaches with leadership.
• Build a team of procurement talent focused on efficiency and continual improvement.
• Establish and develop collaborative relationships with cross functional teams.
• Develop and execute the appropriate category-based sourcing strategies based on the purchasing requirements.
• Develop relationships with key suppliers that are strategic to the success of the business.
• Actively work to appropriately reduce the number of suppliers being used while ensuring the Company maintains robust competition.
• Lead the effort to create a long-range cost/demand assumption forecast, including use of predictive analytics to forecast future purchasing demand requirements versus past purchasing history.
• Set and achieve cost savings targets.
• Be the face of the procurement function, set the agenda, communicate with key stakeholders and ensure senior leadership is aware of progress/roadblocks and results.
• Drive innovative solutions, from restructuring supplier relationships to reengineering spend with an overall goal of increasing value creation while appropriately streamlining spend.
• Work with HR, Finance and other key stakeholders to clearly define decisions, process clarity and spend across the enterprise.
• Create an effective supplier management approach to drive innovation and growth, as well as on-boarding of new suppliers, quality controls and continuous improvement.
• A minimum of 10 plus years experience leading a procurement function.
• Five years leading a high performing team.
• 5 plus years of experience in a strategic sourcing role with expertise influencing business strategy and vendor relations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or a related area. MBA degree preferred.
• Experience in achieving procurement cost reduction and efficiencies.
• Strong technical and analytical skills and a track record of working in a team environment.
• Extensive knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies and/or management processes.
• Ability to work across all segments of the Procurement value chain: sourcing, contract management, procure-to-pay, eSourcing, vendor risk management, and vendor management.
• Experience leading major projects and change programs that positively impact the business.
• Proven track record of excellent negotiation skills and can represent GHX’s interests in interactions with suppliers and other third parties.
• Proven experience in developing deep supplier partnerships and in consolidating suppliers across a distributed organization.
• Exceptional management/team leadership skills evidenced by a track record of success leading enterprise-level cost initiatives requiring coordination of cross-functional team members with varied backgrounds and skills.
• Experience leading the implementation of strategic sourcing and procurement systems and tools to deliver effective management reporting and compliance tracking.
The compensation for the Director, Procurement range is $137,600- $183,500
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe – who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.