About the job
Job DescriptionDirector, Full Stack Software Engineering – Enterprise Technology
As a Software Engineering Leader in Enterprise Technology, the goal is to blend deep engineering knowledge and experience and an understanding of best of breed technologies with a passion for mentoring and developing associates. We are deeply committed to improving the value delivered to our customers. In an agile structure we collaborate with other leaders to establish the standards for the chapter, influence the strategic decisions and build solutions domain based on standard methodologies and engineering principles. Chapter Leaders directly lead a team of chapter members who primarily work within autonomous squads across product areas. We are dedicated to helping them grow and develop in their knowledge area and ensure alignment on the “how” of the work they perform. We are committed to developing expertise and knowledge that brings the latest thinking and ideas to the forefront to empower others with that knowledge.
The Fidelity regional campus office work location options for this role are: Smithfield, RI, Boston, MA, Merrimack, NH, Durham, NC, and Westlake, TX. Preferred candidates currently reside or are willing to self-relocate within a commutable distance to one of the listed regional office locations as this is a Hybrid work role.
The Expertise And Skills You Have
- Computer Science or Software/Systems Engineering degree preferred.
- 10+ years of engineering/development experience
- Must have two or more years experience in managing a team of direct line reports, e.g.: hiring, supervising, motivating, mentoring, coaching, conducting quarterly and/or annual performance reviews.
- Hands on experience with design, development, and execution of solutions
- Experience influencing strategic business direction
- Cloud Native Engineering (AWS or Azure), DevOps and Cloud implementation experience preferred
- Experience with SaaS based solutions preferred
- Experience leading, coaching, mentoring, and developing people and teams
- Experience identifying and acquiring talent needs; and resource planning and talent allocation across large organizations
- Background in enterprise development experience to coach and partner on technology standards in one or more development frameworks, understanding of CI/CD processes and demonstrable experience in cloud migration strategies
- Financial services experience, preferred
- Agile leadership experience preferred
- Committed people leader capable of developing others within your knowledge area to accelerate and achieve increased skill proficiency
- Strong technology background focused on engineering excellence with the experience to guide and advise development teams to build a trusted leadership support model.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with which you build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels of the organization
- Continuously improve and encourage an agile way of working
- Optimally develop and proactively share your knowledge and perspectives and build the same expectation within your chapter
- Intellectually curious and model a culture of continuous learning, mentoring, and coaching
- You take a data-focused approach to decision making, in day-to-day leadership and strategic tradeoff analyses
- You are an excellent problem solver, able to assimilate information quickly and accommodate change
- You can logically break down, organize information, and explain it
- Deep knowledge and experience of engineering principles, patterns and practices and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Experience with modern agile engineering approaches and focus on operational excellence.
The Value You Deliver
- Ensuring the team is aligned to strategic business priorities including workforce planning vital to provide increased value and results for our customers and the business
- Supporting and empowering chapter members, to enable delivery of increased value in their team’s results
- Enabling an agile and frictionless organization by demonstrating agile behaviors
- Proactively partnering with Chapter Area, Product Area, Center of Excellence, and Squad Leaders to other business leaders to:
- Influence strategic backlog and prioritization decisions related to your area of expertise
- Measure performance through established objectives and metrics and deliver agreed upon business, technology, and people results
- Align chapter members across squads and product areas to ensure the best utilization of talent while also building learning opportunities and learning day content to develop skills
- Set and apply standards and ensure the work performed is aligned with established road maps
- Remove impediments to delivering value
- Actively share insights, knowledge, industry practices and developments across the organization
- Working with chapter members and squads, and functions to build and deliver technology solutions
- Constantly promoting a culture of excellence and continuous improvement
The Enterprise Technology Software Engineering Domain is newly formed and working in partnership with leaders in Enterprise Technology to deliver high quality solutions. This Engineering Leadership role is responsible for delivering innovative solutions. Some examples of Fidelity’s technologies include micro services architecture, snowflake data aggregation, resilient application deployment on AWS, and other future state cloud solutions.Chapter Leads are responsible for partnering with Squad Leaders aligned to their chapter. Systems Analysts, Engineering, Architects and Squad Leads work in partnership on solutions. By demonstrating and promoting Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors, we evolve and sustain our innovative, agile organization.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:N/ACertificationsCompany Overview
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
Join UsAt Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.We invite you to
Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.