About the job
We are seeking a Director of Data Science and Engineering to join our team. This position is open to remote or bonus if you are located in Utah to come onsite a few times per month.
We are industry leaders helping the deaf community and making a difference in people’s lives. A stable company with a startup-like culture. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Business, IT, and Engineering functions to provide leadership around delivering data and improving the quality of business decisions by providing data and actionable insights in a timely and reliable manner to drive business growth. Evangelize the power of data science to understand and improve our business and operations across the company in addition, the Director will be able to work independently on more complex business issues and data challenges faced by the organization. Youll have the opportunity to significantly impact internal data consumption and decision making.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive data science efforts, communicate and collaborate across other business functions and be a subject matter expert.
- Partner with key stakeholders across business functions, and responsible for collaborating and create actionable insights and enabling self-service.
- Analyze data using basic statistical methods, interprets results, and provide written and graphical summaries of data analyses.
- Help your team ideate and execute on the right analysis, models, and stories.
- Information needs. Create road maps and help prioritize data science & engineering work to improve team velocity.
- Drive data engineering, design and optimize data pipelines to support descriptive analytics, data science and ML.
- Grow the use of Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence mindset among the teams.
- Manage, mentor, build and lead high performing global teams in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- This position manages employees and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees.
- Travel Requirements: Less than 20%
What You Need for this Position
- Minimum Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in an analytical, mathematical, or technological field
- 7+ years of professional experience working in data science and analytics domain.
- 4+ years of experience in a management/Director role
- Knowledge of data platform architecture, data modeling, database optimization, data management practices and processes.
- Experience leading and growing a high-performing analytics and data science team.
- Experience leading Agile or Scrum teams (Jira, Azure Devops)
- Comfort providing technical feedback and guidance for broad sets of data projects.
- A consistent record of using data to help product teams to achieve goals.
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sql Server (required)
- SSAS/Tabular modeling
- Snowflake, (preferred)
- Datalakes and Deltalakes (preferred)
- Object Storage: Amazon S3, Azure Blob
Cloud Data Platforms
- AWS (preffered), Azure, GCP
What’s In It for You
- Constant pursuit of cutting-edge innovation and industry leading experience bring the most unique and reliable products and services
- Stable company with startup culture: tons of growth opportunity!
- Remote (or hybrid available if in Utah)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Several insurance options
- 401k Plans: Retirement plans with company match so you can save for your future.
- Wellness: Programs that encourage work-life balance in all aspects of physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Competitive Salary and bonus
So, if you are a Director, Data Science & Engineering with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Jen Fick
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : JF12-1739285L774 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Jen Fick – Executive Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.