About the job
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are seeking a highly motivated data leader to head our centralized, ethically sourced training dataset repository for all the training groups in Adobe Research. As the AI Data Platform leader, you will be responsible for managing and curating a library of datasets that are relevant to Adobe’s needs (mostly creative document formats), ensuring that they are high-quality, ethically sourced, and continuously enriched with useful metadata like styles.You will lead the development and maintenance of internal tools and platforms for dataset management, such as Databricks, used by your group and other groups at Adobe to manage AI datasets. Your role will also include working closely with the Sensei training platform team for a deep integration.You will also collaborate with our legal and ethics department, complying with data privacy and access regulations and analyzing our datasets’ inherent biases and investing in reducing them. We take our customer’s privacy very seriously at Adobe, and the managed datasets have to be continuously updated to respect the opt-in/opt-out customers’ settings.
What You’ll Do
- Leading the curation and organization of a centralized, ethically sourced training dataset repository for all the training groups in Adobe Research.
- Leading the development and maintenance of internal tools and platforms for dataset management, such as Databricks.
- Building a large repository of training datasets, enriching Adobe Stock data, purchasing custom datasets and adding public domain data on a variety of modalities – images, vectors, video, text.
- Collaborating with the Sensei training platform team for a deep integration, ensuring that the dataset management platform is seamlessly integrated with the training platform.
- Collaborating with the legal and ethics department to ensure compliance with data privacy and access regulations, and analyzing and reducing inherent biases in the datasets.
- Implementing processes to update the datasets to respect opt-in/opt-out customers’ settings.
- Leading a team of data engineers, data scientists and data analysts in designing, building and maintaining a robust, scalable and efficient AI data platform
- Monitor, analyze and report on the performance of the platform, identifying areas for improvement and making data-driven decisions to optimize the platform’s performance and return on investment.
What you need to succeed
- Strong experience in data management, including building and scaling data lake management systems and data pipelines
- Strong experience in data curation and ethical sourcing of data, with knowledge of data privacy regulations
- Strong experience in product management with a track record of delivering successful products and features in the AI/ML space
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and make data-driven decisions
- Experience with agile development methodologies and best practices for software development
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate team members to achieve their best work
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The U.S. pay range for this position is $163,900 — $335,200 annually. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.