A Bit About Woodspear Properties:
Operating in Colorado, Washington, California and Arizona, Woodspear is privately owned and has been in existence for over 40 years. Currently, it manages 27 multi-family properties and 15 commercial properties all of which are owned in part by the Woodspear principals. As a well-capitalized and privately held real estate investment firm, Woodspear anticipates adding one to four properties each year to its portfolio. Woodspear’s primary asset types are multifamily and flex/industrial. As a general rule, the company’s philosophy is one of buy and hold, rather than short-term trading. Woodspear is headquartered in Denver DTC, near I-25 and Belleview. Woodspear is a growth focused, collaborative company that values team member achievement. With its long-term focus, there are many team members that have held roles in the company for more than a decade. For more information, please visit www.woodspearproperties.com.
Why Join Us?
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and other optional ancillary benefits like FSA/HAS/pet insurance. Woodspear also offers 401(k) (with employer match), 6 paid holidays, and 15 annual vacation days, plus sick time.
Seeking an experienced and results-oriented Controller possessing strong financial, leadership and multi-family experience, whose primary focus will be the management of all aspects of financial systems. This position would be full-time, in-office with free on-premises garage parking and access to a fitness facility and will report to the Director of Acquisitions and General Counsel. The annual salary range for this position is $130,000 to $160,000 (exempt) depending on experience and qualifications, with a discretionary annual bonus of up to 15% of the annual salary based upon meeting the Company’s key performance indicators for the position.
Essential Job Functions
* Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the company’s operations, this includes managing a team of property accountants.
* Execution of non-routine transactions, including but not limited to: property acquisitions and dispositions, debt refinances.
* Supervise and participate in the maintenance and documentation of accounting records and processes including bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue recognition and operating expense categorization.
* Supervise and participate in the month-end accounting close process to ensure timely and accurate preparation of various financial statements and reports. The company typically produces cash-basis financial reports.
* Manage banking relationships and banking on-line systems. Monitor cash balances and availability.
* Coordinate partner cash distributions.
* Manage Yardi accounting system and AvidXchange invoice / payment systems.
* Supervise and participate in processing and recording the bi-weekly multi-state payroll for +/- 100 employees with CoAdvantage PEO.
* Manage the preparation of annual income tax returns with outside income tax CPA’s.
* Assist the Director of Acquisitions in the annual budgeting process.
* Assist the General Counsel with insurance policy renewals.
* Develop internal control policies and procedures as needed.
* Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline organizational performance.
Required Experiences and Qualifications
* Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience leading the accounting processes for a mid-size company preferably in the multi-family investment/management field.
* Knowledge of Yardi Voyager.
* Experienced manager with proven ability to coach and lead an accounting team.
* Experience working in a multi-state environment.
* Payroll experience.
* CMA or CPA.
* Knowledge of AvidXchange invoice / payment systems.
* Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Adobe PDF, and all Microsoft Office software products.
* Working knowledge of partnership income tax.
* Working knowledge of other Yardi modules including Investment Manager and G/L Interface.
Thanks to Lew’s List for alerting us to this opportunity. Please mention Lew’s List when applying.