MISSION: To inspire health, wellbeing, and humanity in our community, through all of life’s stages.
JOB SUMMARY: The Chief Operating Officer (COO) directs, organizes, develops, and evaluates all organizational service delivery activities and clinical operations at Tepeyac Community Health Center. The COO is responsible for operational excellence, innovation, and creating a positive workplace culture. The COO is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the organization’s operational systems, processes, workflows, policies, and procedures. In partnership with the executive leadership team, the COO will develop the strategic plan for organizational operational and financial success. The COO is a hands-on transformational leader who can lead by example to motivate staff and deliver measurable, accountable, cost-effective results that further the organization’s mission. The COO is a member of the Executive Team and reports to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer).
At Tepeyac we like to say that culture is our cornerstone and compassion is king.
We know that fully developing individual potential is dependent on having access to healthcare that nurtures our wellbeing, both physically and mentally. That is a basic human right! We believe that only when every member of our community has a healthcare team equipped to listen to and respond to their entire person, can our families, neighborhoods and businesses thrive too.
Everyday Tepeyac works towards making it easier for our entire community to receive the kind of inclusive and comprehensive care everyone should expect to have – meeting each of us right where we are at, with love, humor, and humility.
o Enthusiastic about the organization’s mission and the continued growth Tepeyac Community Health Center is experiencing. Encourages development and growth of staff and team building through strong interpersonal skills and an innovative approach.
o Someone that is passionate about process improvement in healthcare setting, staffing models, supervision of diverse staff, strategic leadership, budget management, vendor relations.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: bachelor’s degree is required in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years’ experience in clinical healthcare operations or administration required
- Language: Oral and written fluency in English required and oral fluency in Spanish preferred.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the executive team, collaborate with the CEO, CHO (Chief Health Officer), CFO (Chief Financial Officer) (Chief Financial Officer) and other members of the Leadership team in developing and implementing Tepeyac Community Health Center’s mission and strategic plan.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to develop and implement the organizational Strategic Plan, including budgeting, staffing, and reporting measures to track performance and ensure goal attainment to maximize resources and revenue.
- Partners with the CHO to assure the delivery of high-quality primary and preventive health care services and to develop business cases for expansion of services.
- In collaboration with the executive team, participate in the development and preparation of short-term and long-term budgets based upon organizational goals and objectives.
- Inform the creation of meaningful dashboards to support process improvement activities and utilize process improvement skills to assess opportunities for efficiencies and implement change.
- Develop and use Key Performance Indicators to inform strategic plan and areas of opportunity.
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence and encourage an “open-door” policy among all staff.
- Participate in regular quality and process improvement meetings with other clinic administrators and executive leadership staff to ensure the highest level of business efficiencies and compliance.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures to standardize workflows to assure quality and safety for both patients and staff.
- Identify growth opportunities and priorities by establishing and maintaining relationships with key individuals, both external and internal to Tepeyac Community Health Center.
- Ensure clinic grant deliverables are met by supporting/enforcing pertinent requirements and reliable data.
- Ensure staff training and monitors organizational compliance.
- As a team member of the executive leadership team, create vision, strategy, and organizational culture.
- Sets goals for each department and ensure resource allocation aligns with departmental objectives and organizational mission.
- Ensure inter and intra departmental functioning and collaboration. Oversee cross-departmental process improvement efforts to ensure the business is running smoothly.
Patient Services and Clinical Operations
- Provide supervision, guidance, and support to the Practice Manager and Patient Services Manager to positively impact operational efficiency.
- Develop and support training and development of staff, implementation of departmental goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools.
- Responsible for operational functions to streamline and improve workflow efficiencies.
- Monitor the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan, and administer facility expansion, staffing models, improvement projects, and major repairs or maintenance projects as required.
Compliance, Quality and Risk
- Supervise Compliance, Quality and Risk Director.
- Ensure Tepeyac policies and procedures are documented, accessible, and updated as appropriate.
- Guides the development of risk and emergency management planning and provides leadership to internal staff in case of non-clinical emergencies.
- Ensures support to the compliance department so Tepeyac adheres to federal, state, local and accrediting agency regulations, and requirements.
- Guides and supports quality program Ensure voice of patient is heard and track patient satisfaction metrics.
- Serves on the Quality Improvement and RSSQ (Risk Safety Satisfaction Quality) council.
- Chair the Security Committee
Communication and Outreach:
- Provides guidance and vision to the Communications Department in alignment with the strategic plan, to ensure Tepeyac is well known in the community.
- Impacts the increase of patient volume by ensuring efforts are dedicated to bringing in new patients to drive payor mix diversification.
Other duties as assigned.
B. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Build rapport with coworkers, volunteers, patients, and external contacts. Collaborate and communicate with others effectively.
- Work independently and organize work in a way that ensures accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate effective and sensitive responses to the needs and concerns of patients.
- Model excellent customer service skills
- Able to use various software including MS Office, MS Excel, electronic health record, and the Internet.
- Working understanding of revenue cycle management and the impact of clinical operations workflows on revenue.
- Promote responsible and ethical decision making to managers/directors and model that behavior.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly.
- Knowledge of the core principles and practices of effective health center operations and administrative management.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of Tepeyac’s mission, vision, strategic direction and polices to effectively communicate with staff and community partners.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and organized.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions.
- Proven ability of data-driven decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a creative and positive approach to communication and problem solving.
Supervision: Director of Quality, Compliance & Risk, Director of Communications, Practice Manager, and Patient Services Manager.
PAY & BENEFITS:
Benefits: Tepeyac offers a full compensation package to all full-time employees. Benefits medical, dental and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, a 401k, disability insurance paid for by Tepeyac, nine paid holidays, four weeks of vacation and 6 days of sick leave each year.
Pay: The salary range for this position is $ 137,000.00 to $156,000.00 annually, depending on experience. The classification range for this position is $ 137,000.00 to $198,000.00 annually, depending on experience.
Apply: If you are interested in applying, send your resume and cover letter addressing the following questions to email@example.com
1. Please confirm your understanding that the salary range is $137,000 – $156,000 DOE.
2. Please confirm your understanding that this position on-site with the option of some hybrid work.
3. Why do you want to work at Tepeyac and what interests you in this position?
4. We are looking for a transformational leader. How would you define this? Provide an example of when you were a transformational leader.
5. Describe how you have worked with other executive-level positions, particularly when there are different perspectives on how to resolve a situation.
6. Please share all languages that you know and your skillset in each language.
7. What questions do you have for us?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Vaccinations: As required by Colorado’s CMS (Compensation Management Specialist) Vaccine Mandate, all Tepeyac Community Health Center employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the requirements of the American with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq..), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq.), the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (C.R.S. § 24-34-401 et seq.), and any other relevant federal or State law. As such all persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $137,000.00 – $156,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person