About the job
Wealthgate Family Office, LLC (WGFO) and Wealthgate Trust Company, LLC (WGT), collectively “the firm” is seeking a full-time Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee its businesses. The COO will supervise all the business activities and personnel, ensure business goals are met and be a steward of the firm’s capital, except for direct oversight of the investing activities. The COO role will report to the Founder and CEO and this role will be based out of our Boulder, CO office.
WGFO is a boutique family office that primarily focuses on servicing its small number of family members with a focus on investing and bespoke services typical of a family office: accounting and tax (using Microsoft Dynamics), investment and asset reporting (using Addepar and other software), cash and liquidity management (in conjunction with the investment team), private aviation, project management and philanthropy. These areas are currently staffed and require leadership, problem-solving and oversight supporting the founder.
WGT has exciting growth prospects and is still in its nascent stages. It is backed by long-term and patient capital necessary to ensure its success, however, the team is lean and still growing. This role will require a professional that can build a positive culture, attract and recruit talent (in both Colorado and Nevada), think strategically while being able to roll up one’s sleeves and execute. The role requires the requisite experience and gravitas to interact with a sophisticated, ultra-high net worth client base. WGT is based in Las Vegas, NV and will require travel from Colorado.
The key responsibilities for WGT include overseeing the firm’s operations, specifically the administration, management, and the distribution of assets to trust beneficiaries. WGT collaborates closely with clients’ wealth, tax, accounting and legal advisors (i.e., Trusts & Estates attorneys) so the ability to create and maintain a culture of partnership is critical. Additionally, supporting WGT’s business development and helping prospective clients feel confident in the firm’s team and capabilities will be important. The COO will also work with WGT’s Head of Finance and Operations to create forecasting models and project business performance, oversee compliance, trust administration, documentation of core procedures and build a culture based on mutual respect and teamwork, to name a few.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting strategies, getting involved operationally, growing businesses from an early stage and managing and building teams.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee operations of WGFO and WGT
- Supervise and build teams while building a positive culture of mutual trust and respect
- Oversee annual budgets in collaboration with the Founder and CEO and be accountable to them
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Allocate resources and manage cash flow in line with business objectives
- Ensure the firm “lives within its means” as agreed to with the CEO and founder
- Promote secure procedures to maintain confidential client information and abide by regulatory, risk and compliance requirements
- Build operational best practices that comply with financial regulations
- Collaborate with board members and senior leadership and be open to coaching
- Supporting business development and build trust with current and prospective clients
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Oversee other recruiting activities and cultivate talent internally
- Proven work experience as a COO or similar leadership role with oversight, ideally with financial services operations
- Strong operational and compliance experience
- Hands-on experience with budgeting, risk management and/or compliance
- Understanding of business development, i.e., understanding how to speak to prospective clients and sell services in conjunction with the founder and business development team
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Team builder with exceptional managerial skills
- Humility and willingness to grow and learn
- Financial acumen and business forecasting skills
- Bachelor of Science or Arts
Nice to Haves:
- MBA or relevant certification (e.g., CFA, CPA, CFP, etc.)
- Familiarity with cash flow management, accounting and audits
- Experience working with Board of Directors
- Proficiency with technology and software solutions, including sales/CRM systems, accounting, trust administrative, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models