About the job
FMI Capital Advisors, a registered broker/dealer, is a leading investment banking firm dedicated to serving companies working within the built environment. Our investment banking team has guided businesses in engineering and construction, building products and materials, power and energy, and other related sectors through more than 750 transactions.
FMI Capital Advisors is looking for highly talented and driven individuals to be part of a growth opportunity to further support the group’s coverage of middle market financial sponsors investing in the built environment. The financial sponsor coverage team will be responsible for representing FMI’s full suite of services to private equity firms investing in the sector, including investment banking / M&A advisory services as well as consulting services, such as market analysis / due diligence support, strategy development and other consulting services.
FMI is looking for an Associate / Vice President who is focused on covering financial sponsors. You will be responsible for supporting our investment banking and consulting teams in building relationships with targeted financial sponsors and positioning FMI for opportunities across our entire suite of services.
This full-time opportunity requires 25% – 50% travel and can be based out of Denver, Colorado or Raleigh, North Carolina, offices or can be based remotely.
- Partner with senior members of FMI’s investment banking and consulting teams to prospect, pitch and execute mandates on behalf of private equity firms and their portfolio companies
- Develop deep relationships with leading private equity firms focused on FMI’s coverage sectors, build dialogue around specific targeted opportunities, and represent FMI’s full suite of services
- Coordinate with sector and practice leads partners across the firm to maximize coordination in sponsor coverage effort
- Prepare presentations to financial sponsor clients to support business development
- Manage internal processes related to coverage efforts and tracking and documenting private equity activity across the Company
- Research and share information on private equity market trends and insight
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; MBA from a top-tier college or university preferred
- 5+ years of investment banking and/or private equity experience
- Experience in business development and/or coverage efforts
- Superior organizational and time management skills, and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated maturity, integrity and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, both individually and as a team player
FMI provides a comprehensive benefit package consisting of paid employee medical insurance, life insurance and LT disability, as well as other benefit elections. FMI’s package includes a strong 401(k) plan, PTO, and parental leave benefit.
FMI is an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.