Over the last 20 years, Ares’ success has been driven by our people and our culture. Today, our team is guided by our core values – Collaborative, Responsible, Entrepreneurial, Self-Aware, Trustworthy – and our purpose to be a catalyst for shared prosperity and a better future. Through our recruitment, career development and employee-focused programming, we are committed to fostering a welcoming and inclusive work environment where high-performance talent of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives can build careers within this exciting and growing industry.
Ares Management Corporation is seeking an experienced Associate Vice President to join our Corporate Accounting team focused on SEC reporting and technical accounting. The Ares SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting team oversees and manages the external financial reporting function for multiple publicly-traded entities within the organization, collaborating with several teams across the organization. This role will require a dynamic, adaptive and agile hands-on professional who will be capable of ensuring optimal processes in a fast-paced rapidly growing environment.
- Preparing and filing SEC documents for various public entities in the Workiva reporting tool, including 10-Q/10-K, 8-K/earnings presentation, proxy, registration statements, Section 16
- Coordinating receipt of deliverables used in the reporting documents directly with multiple groups across the organization, including fund accounting, FP&A, legal and investor relations
- Preparing financial statement disclosures in conjunction with preparation of the U.S. GAAP checklist
- Reviewing the roll forward and drafts of SEC documents in the Workiva reporting tool
- Coordinating annual audits and quarterly reviews with external audit firms
- Reviewing tie outs for the 8-K/earnings presentation, Form 10-Q/Form 10-K and proxy
- Preparing analysis and reviewing legal documents of new entities and funds assessed for consolidation
- Performing research on peer disclosures and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Performing accounting research and consulting with management and external auditors to ensure proper accounting treatment is applied and documented for non-routine transactions
- Assist in the development and maintenance of globally consistent accounting policies
- Reviewing existing processes for automation and improvement opportunities
- Maintaining a strong internal control environment and compliance with regulatory literature
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required. An advanced degree is considered a plus.
- CPA required
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in public accounting and/or industry experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with Power BI or other business intelligence tools a plus
- Experience with Workiva a plus
- A self-directed individual with a can-do attitude, willing to work in an energetic, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to extract meaningful information from extensive research and analysis to effectively present facts and findings in a digestible format for diverse audiences
- Good judgment in terms of escalating issues vs. solving problems independently
- Proactive in nature and a proven ability to learn quickly, display flexibility and adaptability while resolving issues with minimal supervision
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate well with members of different groups throughout the organization
- Ability to identify and analyze problem situations and develop an effective course of action
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and competing demands, excellent time/project management and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail but can still see big picture
- Ability to be flexible in terms of hours in order to coordinate with team members across various time zones
Reporting RelationshipsVice President, Financial Reporting
The anticipated range for this position is listed below. Total compensation may also include a discretionary performance-based bonus. Note, the range takes into account a broad spectrum of qualifications, including, but not limited to, years of relevant work experience, education, and other relevant qualifications specific to the role.$120,000.00 – $200,000.00
The firm also offers robust Benefits offerings. Ares U.S. Core Benefits include Comprehensive Medical/Rx, Dental and Vision plans; 401(k) program with company match; Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA); Healthcare Savings Accounts (HSA) with company contribution; Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance; Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Short-Term Disability (STD) insurance; Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Commuter Benefits plan for parking and transit.
Ares offers a number of additional benefits including access to a world-class medical advisory team, a mental health app that includes coaching, therapy and psychiatry, a mindfulness and wellbeing app, financial wellness benefit that includes access to a financial advisor, new parent leave, reproductive and adoption assistance, emergency backup care, matching gift program, education sponsorship program, and much more.