Full Job Description
Position Number 321410 Requisition Number B07947 Position Type Administrative Class Code 9940 Time-limited through 9756 Type of Appointment Full-Time Faculty Position Sub-Type N/A Length of Appointment N/A Internal Recruitment? No Working Hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Department University Compliance Organization President’s Office Division President’s Office College N/A Approved Hiring Salary Range $135,000 to negotiable Pay Basis Annually Equal Opportunity
In 2020, the University of North Florida (UNF) received the prestigious INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, the only application-based national award for U.S. colleges and universities that exhibit an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion across their campuses. In addition, UNF ranked highest among the HEED institutions and was recognized as a 2020 Diversity Champion.
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who reports discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of university regulation.
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University’s collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF’s mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.
Faculty Initiatives General Description / Primary Purpose
The Associate Vice President and Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer is responsible to the President and Chair of the Board of Trustees. This position ensures institutional compliance with federal and state regulations as well as industry standards, and participates in compliance and ethics decisions which impact the university. This position works to comply with Florida Board of Governors regulation, chapter 4, specifically 4.003, State University System Compliance and Ethics Programs.
- Provide strategic direction and planning for all aspects of university compliance and ethics programs and provide a quarterly update to the Board of Trustees.
- Assists to ensure employees perform their duties in compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and policies and procedures of the University and the Florida Board of Governors, as well as relevant industry standards.
- Responsible for the formulation, development and implementation of compliance and ethics policy process and training.
- Develop and establish effective university wide programs to prevent, monitor, detect and respond to areas of non-compliance.
- Co-chair with the Chief Audit Executive, the University Compliance, Ethics and Risk Oversight Committee (CEROC).
- Work with compliance areas to ensure a cohesive university approach and coverage. The departments include but are not limited to: Office of Human Resources, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs, Internal Auditing, Equal Opportunity & Diversity, General Counsel and Athletics.
- Serve as the university liaison for external relations with various compliance agencies & groups.
- Participates and/or chairs a wide range of high level cross-functional teams and committees. May be responsible for external relations with various compliance agencies and groups.
- During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job related duties at a designated off campus location or place of residence. See attached document for additional information, including list of Federal Statutes for which this position must ensure compliance.
Percentage Of Time
Posting Detail Information
Involved in overall divisional decisions and policy making. Other duties as assigned.
A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and seven years of experience directly related to the job functions; or a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and nine years of experience directly related to the job functions.
Faculty Position Required Qualifications
Preference will be given to applicants who meet the minimum requirements and who also possess the following:
- Previous legal, regulatory, audit, and/or compliance experience at large, decentralized organizations.
- Juris Doctorate degree (JD) or a similar combination of legal training and experience.
- Working knowledge or experience in sponsored program management, research compliance, privacy requirements, environmental health and safety, athletics compliance, FERPA, Title IX, Clery Act, ADA, employment and hiring compliance, financial aid, conflicts of interest, and international activities.
- Experience conducting compliance controls self-assessments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Certifications include:
Professional certifications in compliance and ethics, such as Certified Compliance and Ethics
Professional (CCEP), Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP), etc.
Statement(s) of Understanding Definition
Background Check: This position requires a background check. In conjunction with the University’s policy, this position may also require a credit check.
Responsible Employee: The holder of this position is designated as a “Responsible Employee” pursuant to their role under Title IX. Therefore, the incumbent must promptly report allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual violence, and child sexual abuse by or against any student, employee, contractor, or visitor to the University’s Title IX Administrator or any divisional Title IX Coordinator.
Required Licensure or Certification
Preferred Certifications include:
Professional certifications in compliance and ethics, such as Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP), etc.
Machines/Equipment used regularly
Computer, phone, copier/fax.
Open Until Filled
Point of Contact Information
Alison Cruess, 904-620-2582
Location if not Jacksonville
Applicants must complete an online application and include
- 3 letters of recommendation as requested on the online application. Note: letters will need to be combined into a single document (Word/PDF/Etc.) and uploaded as a single file.
- upload a resume or CV, and
- Letter of Interest
Applicants must apply at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Alison Cruess at email@example.com.
$135,000 a year