DISH is Built on Opportunity
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Technology leader who will be an integral part of the Technology Development team. You will direct the development & delivery of 5G technology and architecture solutions, leading vendor discussions evaluation and research. You will work hand in hand with the Standards and Planning team and work closely with Product, IT and Engineering. You will be leading a team of highly motivated individual contributors, and will be responsible for expanding the team.
- Deliver DISH technology roadmap for 5G RAN, Radio, Core and IMS, consistent with the business goals and opportunities.
- Responsible for producing wireless technology solutions that satisfy business and product needs both now and for the future.
- Identify priorities and communicate technology impacts throughout the decision making process.
- Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling companies to attain business goals.
- Provide strategic direction for technical assessment, definition, prioritization, architecture, design and deployment of new products and services.
- Negotiate and manage critical vendor relationships to maximize value and timeliness of external innovations.
- Represent network team in device and product roadmap and planning discussions.
- Lead and manage the development of the engineering specifications and technical requirements for all services, including roaming and regulatory.
- Ensure organizational interlock, collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve desired program milestones, sharing in the success of intended business outcomes.
- Own the business relationship with multiple software partners including managing existing contracts, product roadmaps and system performance.
- Work closely with legal and business teams on new contract negotiations, and deliverables.
- Responsible for new product RFIs and RFPs.
- Deliver HLDs and LLDs, technology transfer to Engineering and Operations.
- Spearhead ORAN discussions on open Fronthaul, Radio Intelligent Control (RIC) and AAL.
- Keep up with the latest in the standards in ORAN, 3GPP, MEF, GSMA etc.
- Responsible for new feature introduction, testing and validation.
- Manage Feature Requests, create budgets and determine network impacts.
- Own the business relationship with multiple software partners including contract negotiation, product roadmaps and system performance
- Lead the development and integration of devices with the DISH 5G network.
- Support automated feature and performance testing.
- Provide operational and engineering support for network operations, for network related issues and engineering escalations.
- Build budgets and periodic forecasts for the team.
- Drive continuous improvement through process and technology.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Math or equivalent fields
- Has over 15 years of experience in cellular and wireless deployments
- Has excellent understanding of 4G and 5G technologies, specifically ORAN, 3GPP, GSMA
- Experience in designing and managing a large scale network deployments
- Experience in US regulatory policies
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams, understand business requirements and recommend optimal technical solutions
- Have built and led high performing team with proven success
- Motivate teams and influence their tasks to align with organizational goals and priorities
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments and roles
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of organizational staff
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative analysis skills
- Core understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices leveraged for rapid and continuous innovation
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated ability to lead small group of Engineers and execute projects on time and budget
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills
Compensation: $165,000.00/Year – $225,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.builtincolorado.com.